Spot Color matching through Fiery

I've been trying to accurately reproduce Reflex Blue (really, any Pantone color) on my Ricoh 7110x printer. With the Spot Color area in my Command WorkStation, I am able to edit the PMS colors individually, but they don't update in the files I try printing that are created with CMYK equivalent values for the PMS colors. Is there something I'm missing in the program that I need to do in order for these values to update when I go to print?

I am able to edit the PMS colors individually, but they don't update in the files I try printing that are created with CMYK equivalent values for the PMS colors.

Hello Sara,

Not sure I understand what is going on here. If you can upload a sample PDF that would help.

Are you saying that the PDF's with correctly names Pantone Colours work just fine when you fine tune the colours on the Fiery - but - different files with just CMYK equivalent values don't work as you'd expect?

Are you naming your swatches :

* PANTONE REFLEX BLUE C

or

* PANTONE Reflex Blue C

or

* Pantone Reflex Blue C

or

* Something else altogether?

When you are making changes to spot colors make sure that the target profile (Plain, Matte, Glossy e.g.) matches the profile used in Job Properties for the job.

Hello Sara,

Not sure I understand what is going on here. If you can upload a sample PDF that would help.

Are you saying that the PDF's with correctly names Pantone Colours work just fine when you fine tune the colours on the Fiery - but - different files with just CMYK equivalent values don't work as you'd expect?

Tim, PDF's with correctly named Pantone colors, when dropped into CWS, don't apply the adjustments I make to the spot color. I have the swatch named "PANTONE Reflex Blue C", and I created a new color group using that color in the Pantone Library and named it the exact same thing, and when I make slight adjustments to the spot color, it doesn't update when I reprint the file. I've done several calibrations and color verifications, I make sure the output profile matches the one used for the spot color, and nothing changes.
I feel like I'm missing some step somewhere...

You don't need to create a new color group.... you just have to edit that particular spot color "names are very important" and save

As deck said, you need to make sure you have the right media selected via the Properties button in the "Resource" tab. It could be defaulting to Plain when you're altering the CMYK values for Reflex in the PANTONE Color Library but instead you're printing on Gloss media. Changes you make to the spot color libraries are not global. Plain, Matte and Gloss have separate libraries.

-Erik

I've tried everything listed here. Could it be my CWS that's out of date or something? Would that even cause the issue?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back