Is Anyone Running to CGATS.21-2 CRPC-3?

Vernon Roberts

I'm just curious if anyone has implemented this in the pressroom and is using it daily. If so, does it look like it has enough contrast? I have not implemented it, but early testing looks like photographs need adjustments. Pressman have traditionally ran more ink than is required by the standard, to get dark shadows. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I'm just curious if anyone has implemented this in the pressroom and is using it daily. If so, does it look like it has enough contrast? I have not implemented it, but early testing looks like photographs need adjustments. Pressman have traditionally ran more ink than is required by the standard, to get dark shadows. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I would run to the max SIDs that you can with your press/paper combo. If your pressman can push it then I would, once you have a set SID you always run to you can print some IT8's with those densities and create your own profile for uncoated. I normally would say to stay with a standard for consistency sake with your customers but I would guess most of them aren't sending files in setup for CRPC3 anyways so why not introduce a new profile.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back