Harmony advice and tips.

macVato

Hola,

I used Harmony 7 years ago, sorry if I am asking the obvious.

I currently am making press curves with 23 steps. Had the pressman run it to density only and we read of the values using a X-Rite 500 Series Spectrodensitometer. I then made a new calibration/derived curve and set my target curve to 23 nodes. I then applied the readings into the calibration curve (CMYK). We ran a second sheet to density again and i need to make some slight adjustments, do I make these adjustments to the target curve or the calibration curve. Also there is a topic here that suggest we should not use a plate curve. A fuji tech made it during our switch to ecomaxx plates, so there was one applied. should I restart without the plate curve?

Thank you in advance.

Hola,

I used Harmony 7 years ago, sorry if I am asking the obvious.

I currently am making press curves with 23 steps. Had the pressman run it to density only and we read of the values using a X-Rite 500 Series Spectrodensitometer. I then made a new calibration/derived curve and set my target curve to 23 nodes. I then applied the readings into the calibration curve (CMYK). We ran a second sheet to density again and i need to make some slight adjustments, do I make these adjustments to the target curve or the calibration curve. Also there is a topic here that suggest we should not use a plate curve. A fuji tech made it during our switch to ecomaxx plates, so there was one applied. should I restart without the plate curve?

Thank you in advance.

Normally you would adjust your calibration curve. The target curve is what you're trying to hit.
In most cases for most you do not apply a curve (e.g. to linearize the plate). It's a redundant step. That being said you can use Harmony even if a curve is being applied.
You can find more detail on all this on my blog: http://the-print-guide.blogspot.ca/
Do you not have a Harmony Manual? I don't know how or if Kodak has made changes to Harmony - I thought that they don't use it anymore. I have an old manual. If you email me at: pritchardgordon (at) gmail (dot) com I can send you a copy.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back