Litho prepress color management question

glen_env

The company that I work for is thinking about going to Fuji plates. We have used GMG color proofing (10 years +) with Epson Stylus Pro 9900 with SpectroProofer. One option would be to keep GMG the other would be to go with Fuji’s ORIS.

Would like hear pros or cons.

Thanks!

Sorry but I canpt see a logic in your question, it sounds like "What kind of vegetable should I cultivate to reach Mars with a bike?".
However… If you calibrate your plates accurately (every brand of plates, according to your RIP and your platesetter), you don't need to change anything in you color proof workflow.
That's the standard.

G:

Sorry but I canpt see a logic in your question, it sounds like "What kind of vegetable should I cultivate to reach Mars with a bike?".
However… If you calibrate your plates accurately (every brand of plates, according to your RIP and your platesetter), you don't need to change anything in you color proof workflow.
That's the standard.

G:

I've only heard of people reaching Mars by bike when cultivating fruit. Is this a European thing to cultivate the vegetables? My management would like to know as well, so please answer in full.

The company that I work for is thinking about going to Fuji plates. We have used GMG color proofing (10 years +) with Epson Stylus Pro 9900 with SpectroProofer. One option would be to keep GMG the other would be to go with Fuji’s ORIS.

Would like hear pros or cons.

Thanks!

Is Fuji sweetening the deal if you switch to their proofing?

ORIS is not Fuji's. ORIS is a product of a company called CGS.
Fuji sells both ORIS and GMG.

I have used EPSON printers with both RIPs and both were re-sold by Fuji.

It has been over 6 years since I have last used GMG (with an EPSON 9800 and an offline spectro).
But at the time, I liked the switch over to ORIS (EPSON 9900 with inline spectro and ORIS proof certification).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back