Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparrison of RIP Software (EFI Fiery vs Caldera vs Onyx)

Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparrison of RIP Software (EFI Fiery vs Caldera vs Onyx)

I currently have EFI XF ver 4.5 for proofing and EFI Fiery ver 6.1 for wide format.

I am considering moving to to Caldera or Onyx for both.

Needed are suggestion and experiences \ pros and cons.

I have used all three of them, but my favorite is Colorgate. You can get demos of these RIPs and try them out.

A question about your Fiery XF Version 6.1. Do you not have color rendering problems when using Nesting or Step and Repeat. I never had those problem with 5 or earlier but when I upgraded to 6.0 I could and Fiery could never solve those problems so I moved on.

Comment

Thank you, I will look at Colorgate. I had some issues with Fiery from 6 to 6.1 that weren't there before also.

Comment

I am a big Caldera fan. Simpler to use, and profile than both Onyx and Fiery. It has better color adjustment tools than Fiery but the last time I used Onyx, 10 years ago, Onyx was better. Support is good from Fiery and Caldera. We use both Fiery and Onyx currently but I think we will switch over to Caldera fully this year. It runs on Linux and Mac which are both better operating systems than Windows. My .02$

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimate
        4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBAChili publish4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5172 users online. 106 members and 5066 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
        X