Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to create a "profile" using just a few datapoints?

Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to create a "profile" using just a few datapoints?

Is it possible to make a profile or something that can substitute for a missing profile knowing just a few data points? I'd like to make something that stands in for a Extended Gamut (CMY + OGV) profile. I know the white point, the black, and the LAB values for the 6 "primaries". I'd like to have a profile for this "space" so that I can use software like PatchTool and/or ColorThinkPro to check a list of colors to find which ones are out of gaumt.

I don't think this is possible without extensive programming on your part. There are various color models that can predict CIELab values from a small set of measurements - Clapper-Yule, Kubelka-Munk etc. Using these, you could simulate a measurements file (CGATS or other format) that contains enough "measured" points for the profile making software to build you an ICC profile. Its accuracy will not be so high, obviously.

I haven't seen a tool that can do this for you. Maybe someone else here known of one.

Comment

ColorXTC has the tools to do that and I believe they offer it as a service: http://www.colorxtc.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
      4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
      4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5060 users online. 116 members and 4944 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
      X