Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to create a "profile" using just a few datapoints?

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to create a "profile" using just a few datapoints?

Is it possible to make a profile or something that can substitute for a missing profile knowing just a few data points? I'd like to make something that stands in for a Extended Gamut (CMY + OGV) profile. I know the white point, the black, and the LAB values for the 6 "primaries". I'd like to have a profile for this "space" so that I can use software like PatchTool and/or ColorThinkPro to check a list of colors to find which ones are out of gaumt.

I don't think this is possible without extensive programming on your part. There are various color models that can predict CIELab values from a small set of measurements - Clapper-Yule, Kubelka-Munk etc. Using these, you could simulate a measurements file (CGATS or other format) that contains enough "measured" points for the profile making software to build you an ICC profile. Its accuracy will not be so high, obviously.

I haven't seen a tool that can do this for you. Maybe someone else here known of one.

Comment

ColorXTC has the tools to do that and I believe they offer it as a service: http://www.colorxtc.com/

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBATharstern

Ultimate Toon Contest 2019

Collapse

Ultimate Toons Contest 2019

Ultimate Toons
      Win a 1-year Ultimate Impostrip® Automation subscription
      Ultimate Toons

Standard FinishingDuploCanonKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)Tharstern

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5347 users online. 83 members and 5264 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
      X