Soft Proofing a Gradient with Spot Colors

I am stumped.
We have a customer that we run a gradient of PMS 296 C to 281 C on just about everything we print for them.
The 296 C appears on screen very muted.

There's no production issue, but as we end up sending PDF proofs to the customer, I have no answer for them on the appearance on screen other than "trust us, we're running the same as we have been"
I feel a little silly asking, but is there a way to get this gradient to preview a little better?

We've had this issue on other customer-supplied files. Once we process, our final proof specifies the same spot, but appears differently when toggling between the original and proof (on the same screen).
Occasionally, customers get finicky about it.

Thank you!

Attachments

• photo8227.png
    photo8227.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 243
Please elaborate. Show us some before-after samples to have a better understanding of the problem.

Last edited:
When you are looking at the soft-proof on screen what software are you viewing with? Both the before and after.

Many applications cannot present color accurate spot colors on screen, and overprints would be particularly tough to get right.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back