Looking for freeware to compare dE between two spot colors

Djevel

Hello,

I'm looking for something quick/easy to simply compare two printed spot colors and assess the delta e & LAB differences between them, utilizing a stand alone i1; the software can be either Windows or Mac. I was able to utilize XRite's older iShare 1.4 for Windows 10 (dll trick worked ok for me,) but it looks like the delta E calculations are in CIE94, and I was hoping to find something that calculates DE2000. Other than that, the iShare software is wonderful for what we need it for.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm looking for something quick/easy to simply compare two printed spot colors and assess the delta e & LAB differences between them, utilizing a stand alone i1; the software can be either Windows or Mac. I was able to utilize XRite's older iShare 1.4 for Windows 10 (dll trick worked ok for me,) but it looks like the delta E calculations are in CIE94, and I was hoping to find something that calculates DE2000. Other than that, the iShare software is wonderful for what we need it for.

Thanks!

Go to http://www.brucelindbloom.com/
click on the calc tab
click on color difference calculator
punch in your lab values to see their deltaEs

Although not free ($499), the following may be worth a look (previously developed by Tucanna):

https://www.aleyant.com/page/aleyant-qualitycontrol

X-Rite i1Profiler software is “free” to create and measure charts, even a minimal single or two patch spot chart (it replaces the old ColorPort for this functionality)… But you’ll still need to dial in the values for the dE comparison in other software.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back