RIP Software for Flexo with Screens

BlacknTan

Hello! I'm looking for suggestions for RIP software to drive a 44" plotter. Currently have a Canon, but am also looking at potentially switching brands for color accuracy. I need to be able to produce color accurate proofs (spot colors and CMYK), with different screens to correspond to multiple anilox rolls. Would also like to be able to simulate swapping press colors from cyan to say pms 292C.

Met with the folks from GMG, very impressed but I was asked to find additional RIP options. I've looked at Onyx and Caldera, but I don't see any options for producing different screen values.

Thank you, I'll take a look and see what their RIP offers.

CGS ORIS Color Tuner // Web offers standard “contone” screening as you would expect and additionally offers two screen proofing options:

* ScreenDot: Pre screened 1 bit TIFF/LEN file data
* ScreenDot Plus: Create dot proofs from contone data

Notice in the screenshot below that ScreenDot Plus supports 7.5° flexo screen angle rotation.

P.S. You will need to confirm if your printer model is supported for dot proofing.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

Click image for larger version  Name:	CGS ORIS CTW Dot Proofing Settings.png Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	282270

Last edited:
Thank you Stephen, this helps. I've been reviewing their website, and sadly there is very little in the way of details. Lots of broad statements, but getting detailed breakdowns is sorely remiss. In their defense, GMG tends to do the same thing. I met one of their reps in South Carolina last year, and he was very enthusiastic about their product. I don't believe they can do fluting simulations as of yet, and I believe they are working on algorithms to simulate swapping Pantone colors in the cmyk breakdown.

Hello! I'm looking for suggestions for RIP software to drive a 44" plotter. Currently have a Canon, but am also looking at potentially switching brands for color accuracy. I need to be able to produce color accurate proofs (spot colors and CMYK), with different screens to correspond to multiple anilox rolls. Would also like to be able to simulate swapping press colors from cyan to say pms 292C.

Met with the folks from GMG, very impressed but I was asked to find additional RIP options. I've looked at Onyx and Caldera, but I don't see any options for producing different screen values.

You can explore Kodak Proofing Software (KPS for Packaging) with Colorflow Stand-Alone.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back