Printing Fogra47 on 52 papers

Anonymorse

Hi all,

Really hoping you can help me with something!?

We currently produce PDFs to Fogra47 specification. We use a number of different print suppliers, many of which haven't upgraded their equipment to M1 devices and therefore stipulate an output intent of Fogra39/47.

The current issue I have is the substrates we are printing on contain OBAs, and fall well outside of the Fogra 47 standard paper simulations on screen and proof.

We're currently trialling proofing on OBA proofing stock with bespoke paper simulations using the 47 data...

But my main problem is on screen simulations! I need to have a profile which shows the 47 data as is, but apply the bluer 52 paper simulations...

Any help will be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks for that!

I may not have explained it very well, or I'm completely missing something!

We have to continue creating our PDF with a Fogra 47 output intent. BUT they will be printed on OBA rich papers.

In order to simulate on screen we need a profile which maintains the Fogra 47 data (as the printer will not convert to 52) but apply's an OBA simulation. Using PSO Uncoated v3 performs a simulation as if the colour numbers are converted...

I basically need to be able to change the paper simulation of Fogra47...

Hope that makes sense!?

I think that you're looking for "Correction of colorimetric data for variation in substrate colour", which is Annex A of ISO 15339-1

There is a calculating spreadsheet available on npes
In the right corner of this webpage one can find "Computational Tools" block and download it for free

"We have to continue creating our PDF with a Fogra 47 output intent."

If I was in your shoes I would setup a parallell workflow for Fogra 52, you will probably need it eventually anyway.

...Using PSO Uncoated v3 performs a simulation as if the colour numbers are converted...

not sure, that i get it Right, but why don´t you just assign the FOGRA52-Profil (not convert!!!) to the FOGRA47 file? In that case cmyk values are kept unchanged for proofing but the whitepoint of FOGRA 52 will be reckognized...

Ulrich

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back