G7 for Indesign and Acrobat

rande

How should the color management preferences be setup for these apps? how would I keep the same color and/or setup for a PDF if i resaved it out of Acrobat. In other words, if i get a PDF from a client, how can I make the color the same as if I had the clients original and exported it out of Indesign? How are these 2 apps, color management sync d up? - thx

Another question I have is; Once a PDF is saved out of Indesign are the color specs, or profiles, locked in? Can we place it back into Indesign and change them, to say Gracol? or have a Gracol ICC profile in Acrobat and over ride the embedded profiles in that PDF?

Last edited:
You certainly should not place the PDF back into InDesign and use different PDF export settings.

Re-export the original InDesign document!

- Dov

thx - would using the same settings degrade it at all? We've had to add a QR code to an existing PDF and resave - thx

If you don't have access to the original InDesign to re-export a PDF, your next best bet is to use a tool like Pitstop to add the QR code into the PDF.

But then I would be saving out of acrobat. - so that keeps the same color info? Would I need to do anything in the Acrobat Prefs as far as color management to keep the PDFs original color info? - thx

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back