Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G7 for Indesign and Acrobat

How should the color management preferences be setup for these apps? how would I keep the same color and/or setup for a PDF if i resaved it out of Acrobat. In other words, if i get a PDF from a client, how can I make the color the same as if I had the clients original and exported it out of Indesign? How are these 2 apps, color management sync d up? - thx

Another question I have is; Once a PDF is saved out of Indesign are the color specs, or profiles, locked in? Can we place it back into Indesign and change them, to say Gracol? or have a Gracol ICC profile in Acrobat and over ride the embedded profiles in that PDF?
    Last edited by rande; 03-25-2019, 03:35 PM.

You certainly should not place the PDF back into InDesign and use different PDF export settings.

Re-export the original InDesign document!

- Dov

Comment

thx - would using the same settings degrade it at all? We've had to add a QR code to an existing PDF and resave - thx

Comment

If you don't have access to the original InDesign to re-export a PDF, your next best bet is to use a tool like Pitstop to add the QR code into the PDF.

Comment

But then I would be saving out of acrobat. - so that keeps the same color info? Would I need to do anything in the Acrobat Prefs as far as color management to keep the PDFs original color info? - thx

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAMSEnfocus

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
          Instant October Trade Show Survey
          Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
          Will you be at one of them?
          Both? Neither?
          Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiGraph Expo4OverKBAAMSAvantiEnfocusGraph Expo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4955 users online. 91 members and 4864 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
          X