G7 quarter-tone builds reading different between re-runs of same print job

ckirk9229

Hey all! first post, long time browser of topics.

Recently got a hold of a file that I am trying to send to print, however since I am just being used as a middle man in the operation, I am kinda stuck trying to solve a problem that I have no clue how it is coming up.

I have a file that is printing with 2 different quarter-tone builds under the G7 standards, Running the same file through the set up and RIP process one week will give me Quarter tone Values of 22,26,22,0 (CMYK), and running it through the following week will give me quarter tone values or 26,29,25,0 (CMYK). They are the same native AI file, running through the same RIP work flow, and under the same press profile. But when they are actually printed the color comes out different.

any thoughts on the subject would be most appreciated.

Just for clarification for me - when you say: "Quarter tone Values of 22,26,22,0 (CMYK)" what do those values refer to (where are you getting them from)? And how are you measuring them?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back