Creating profile with i1iO and iProfiler

richprint

Looking for help with i1iO to read the TC1617 (IT8-7.5) chart but in reverse.

Printing flexo wide web, surface and reverse print and I would like to make a curve and profile for both types of printing (but only make surface plates), except we can't fool the i1iO to read the chart in reverse. I'm trying to avoid making 2 sets of plates if possible.

We are just testing it by printing a chart and reading it in reverse as if we used the surface print plates but printed reverse.... confused yet?

Is there anyway to fool the xrite or the txt file when we load it in to i1Profiler 1.8.3 so that when the chart loads up it will be in reverse, just like the sample. When it reads, the squares are the wrong colour, when they should be the same colour but a few shades off.

I've tried reversing the triangulation when it asks you to pick the corners but that doesn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated!

I don't have an IO to test this, but it looks right in I1Profiler.

Attachments

• TC1617x (i1iO) Mirrored.txf.zip
    40.5 KB · Views: 364
Hi Brett,

Thanks for this but but I can’t get the txf file to load even if I change it to txt. Using i1profiler as well.

Im looking for a rwxf file if you have it.

also do you know if a mirrored P2P25x is available as well?

I saved it out of the profiling workflow. you should be able to import it and measure from there. I really hate how the file formats are so convoluted in i1Profiler. Let me see if I can figure out the black magic to get it from one area to the other.

I don't have a mirrored P2P, but I might be able to cook one up later.

Ok, I tried putting it into the workflow folder. Not sure if using OS X makes a difference or not. Are you using Windows? I tried loading it manually in the reference charts to.

I'll keep tinkering, but I really appreciate your help!

I'm on OSX. In the Printer Profiling Workflow, you should be able to drag the .txf file onto the Test Chart icon at the bottom and go from there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.15.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.15.20 PM.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 368
Try this. You need a measurement to save a rmxf which you can then import and save as a rwxf. How convenient.

Attachments

• TC1617x (i1iO) Mirrored.rwxf.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 339
You are the best! Works like a charm (so far). Any luck trying to do a P2P25X for me mirrored? We are getting ready to purchase Curve 4 with VPR so I want to make sure it all works for us before we start making charts.

So I compared the charts, your new one has 1632 squares but the Original has 1617. The mirrored one has 15 "white" squares, will that affect the overall reading?

Here is the P2P25 mirrored. The white patches should be averaged. If they cause an error in Curve, you might have to delete them from the measurement file in Excel. (I just imported the 1617 mirrored measurement file into Curve 4, and there weren't any errors)

Attachments

• P2P25Xa (i1Pro-i1io) Mirrored.rwxf.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 358

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back