EFI BestColour and EPSON 7600

indigo

Hello everyone,

How I can get the good colour match using EFI Best Colour XF and EPSON 7600 printer, I need to show newsproof simulation using Web end Roll. Is there any simulation profile around. or I should be using RGB data, what's the best work around to get this type of proof?

I appreciate any suggestions!

You are probably not going to get any proofing reproduction using Web Roll paper. You best bet would be to select an ink-jet media whose design is for proofing, and then reference any one of the available newsprint profiles with absolute colormetric rendering.

Web Match

Web Match

The first thing we need to establish is: How much of EFI XF did you buy? Did you get the "color manager" option.
If you did then you can profile your Epson 7600 with the butt end paper.
Obviously web paper is like blotter paper. So, with that in mind you need to pay especially pay attention to the linearization process.
After you get a reasonable lin and profile made on the Epson you need to choose a "WEB type" ICC profile to match to. I suggest that if you are printing to match a specific web printer you contact them and ask for them to send you their operating icc profile off their presses.

I recommend using a specialized proofing paper that has a newsprint substrate but an inkjet receiver coating. I know Mid States and others carry this product. You don't need Color Manager to make this work--Lin Tool and a third-party profiling app will do fine (with a certain workaround). You DO need to know a little about ink limiting--Lin Tool doesn't quite know what to do with really absorbant substrates.

Your reference/source profile should be something like ISO Newsprint or SNAP.icc.

Please feel free to contact me for further assistance @ 707.321.7855.

Best regards,

Mike Strickler
Certfied EFI BestColor Implementer
Idealliance G7 Expert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back