Bidirectional reading with Eye One Pro

janezl

Hello,
Using Eye One Pro, I would like to measure as much patches on smallest area possible, with smallest time consumption. Which software/target form to choose?

Janez

N.B.: Sorry, no budget for iO or iSis...

bidirectional reading with Eye One Pro

bidirectional reading with Eye One Pro

You can use x-rite's ColorPort, but not bidirectional.

Best Regards,
Chris

There is not a simple answer to this question. What is the final goal? Color Profiling? Proof verification?

For Profiling the issue may be the particular CM solution you are using as to the smallest most optimum target, which would need input on what kind of printing you are trying to build a profile for. For profiling I'd worry much less about the size and number of patches for this occasional task, then matching the best fit to meet your final quality goals.

If it is for proof verification it is likely that you will want to use one of the standard FOGRA or IDEAlliance control bars, or again one specific to your software proofing or verification solution.

If it is for some other custom purpose then ColorPort may indeed offer the most low cost (free) and flexible solution, though it does not offer bidirectional support.

RayC

Do you have ProfileMaker or iMatch with your i1?

Hello,
Using Eye One Pro, I would like to measure as much patches on smallest area possible, with smallest time consumption. Which software/target form to choose?

Janez

N.B.: Sorry, no budget for iO or iSis...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back