...another discussion

Keith

Here is that "other discussion" I mentioned in the other thread I posted today.

What are the basics for color management? (I know, that's very broad and general.) I have a Xerox DC252 with internal Fiery, Xante Ilumina, and a Canon imageprograf w8400. I am running Adobe CS2 and use Illustrator most of the time. I'm not sure what I need to do to get color accurate, consistant, and matching across machines. I keep hearing stuff about profiles. My questions are:

Can anyone recommend a book I can buy?

Does anyone have a similar setup and what are they doing to get color reasonably predictable and accurate?

Thank you for any help!
Keith

Colour management in your case I would think is split into 2. First to get jobs created consistently, I would think get all jobs created to the regional standard.

Second get the Output devices to hit the target, either directly or by conversion.
This way if things don't look correct you can send your target to vetify that outputting the standard is correct. That being maintained you can then be certain if the job is made to standard it will look right.

Each stage can be developed seperately. The first is creating consistent input, the second consistent output and both in place will give consistent through put, ie well managed colour.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back