want information about CTP

saheb

hello
We want to buy CTP 100*70 cm but we are really not sure which types is good for us,we print commercial print and we got our film from prepress company that use imagesetter.
I think the flat bed kinds of imagesetter is more reliable from others drum types incase we want to buy used unit, there is agfa and ecrm flatbed and some others so i need help to chose

Saheb

Re: want information about CTP

Hello, in my shop we use a Trendsetter News drum computer to plate imagesetter and Evo Prinergy and Preps for the imposition. And a Glutz and Jensen scrubber which is very reliable.

We used to have the flat type plate imager with Dynastrip as the imposition process, and I hated both! I wish I could remember the brand of flat imagesetter but I can't. Changing plates on it was a monster job, it used a kind of cartridge on wheels that slid into place, and the sensors were just always breaking down, we had to bend over to clean the paper that was between the plates from under the machine every time new plates were put in, and we got a lot of jams in the plate scrubber also (although I can imagine types of scrubbers vary).

The drum imager we have now just seems so much easier and we have had much fewer problems and thus a lot less down time.

Does this help? L.

Re: want information about CTP

Thank you ,your {font:'Times New Roman'}{size:12pt}experience {size}{font}is very healpful to me,so thank you again

regards

Saheb

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back