Web Growth

rbarsanti

Hi all,
Does anyone use web growth. We have prinergy evo and preps and are using the web growth program for better registration for the press.( no bussel wheels.) I can do the math no problem and get it to register nicely, but the settings seem to change with the weather. we use different settings for paper types and sizes. the settings go up and down from week to week. has anyone used this program, anyone have any advice?
other than get bussel wheels.

Re: Web Growth

Ryan:

Perhaps not the answer you want, but several
large web shops with your pre-press configuration also use Agfa's Web Growth compensation option/feature of Apogee PrintDrive, taking the alien ripped/screened 1-bit-TIFF data intended to go to plate, and then
applies compensation prior to output.

Agfa's solution can adjust a variety of anamorphic distortions - +/- up and down, and side to side, in increments you measure for
different paper/press and humidity situations.

This is applied differently on each separation,
occurs on the fly, and does not alter the stored 1-bit-TFF data. These templates can be stored via hot folders, and fine-tuned over time.

Or, you can play around with bussel wheels.

Regards,

Re: Web Growth

> {quote:title=rbarsanti wrote:}{quote}
> I can do the math no problem and get it to register nicely, but the settings seem to change with the weather.

This might have been intended as a "toss-off" statement, but I think there's A LOT of truth in it.

rich

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back