Agfa Azura Plates

Re: Agfa Azura Plates

> {quote:title=SteveAgfa wrote:}{quote}
> Thanks Jim.
>
> Can you describe the Fuji-endorsed method to measure
> your Pro-T plates? (Using a dot reader, not a ruler.)
>
> Thanks,

Google is your friend,

and Techkon and X-rite provide answer to your questions

Sometimes, silence is the only answer for this kind of questions

Hi Print Test.

My question 3 months ago wasn't rhetorical.

Yes, there are a few dot reader manufacturers
who have a product and method to read low contrast plates such as ThermalDirect and Pro-T.

However, just because you can read the plate, it doesn't mean that the exposure stays put - since
these plates remain light sensitive until roll-up
(or, wash-out). Azura however is not white light sensitive, and thanks to its gumming stage, is easily QC'd.

I have yet to hear of a Kodak or Fuji endorsed
method to QC the exposure using a dot reader.
I have no doubt the reading is accurate... but
for that specific instance and control.

Regards.

Hi steve Musselman,

This subject let me think see your plate with new understanding.

First you tell us than AZURA plate can only be used with gumming stage
but kodak or fuji plate could be used indifferently with or without gumming stage.

That made plate processless or chemical free without any technical intervention for fuji or kodak
and AGFA use only chemical free plate. That's not an argument for selling you're plate.

The second point, is when a seller repet so hardly on the net, than control them plate so offently is necessary, it let's me have great doubt about the stability of this plate.
In the mean time kodak and fuji propose plate without daily control. That let me thing them plate is more stable in the prepress process.

I am sure than AGFA will made a more stable plate on the futur, but for the moment, all the arguments in this forum are not let us see the real quality of your new plates.

Hope i misunderstand,
best regard

Print test

Hi PrintTest:

Clearly English is not your native language, so I can forgive your misunderstanding of my long-held position.

Azura is a specific application of our Thermofuse technology, which began as an on-press clean-off plate in 2000. Thermofuse has a 60 mJ window of correct exposure. Azura as a specific application has over 3000 installations world-wide.

Azura's success is due to a variety of attributes;
but it's success is not suspect.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi steve musselman,

yes, English is not my native language as you could see, but i try to improve.

So as you explaine me, Azura plate is a world wilde success. That's a good sign for a plate, but not the only wait to see the futur of the plate making.

The users like me, influence or will influence, technical choice of our boss for our plate making plant.
Find arguments like the one i saw in this subject, with sarcassm let me think : "trying is better than only listen to all the bull***t, seller could invente for selling them plate"

So i misunderstand the information you give us about your plate, but i clearly understand than your plate have a good sensitivity, so a good writing speed.

The only problem i find in a friend printing shop, is when i try to touch without gloove the chemical in the gumming module !!!, except that, all was good.

The decision of my boss to used processless plate was only due to the gumming module. The bad point of this decision is, the contrast on the plate is to low and make problems for our press without pre-inking.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back