Inexpensive & Easy imposition software

Re: Inexpensive & Easy imposition software

Quite Imposing can handle most all of you imposition needs. If you want a quote or a demo version let me know.

InDesign and PDF's work for me. Still gotta know imposition, and make dummies to do it, but if you have InDesign it's just one more thing to use it for.

I've yet to see a better impo app than Imposer Pro - shame that Quark got it's mitts on it before Adobe had a chance.

I've attached some screenshots. They show 8up with bleeds A5 trim - total time to impose, 7 seconds.

Drawback? Well other than availability you have to save out as .ps then distill.

I think there's a version for Acrobat. Quite imposing is fine but the interface is tough to love.

thanks guys, this is exactly what im looking to hear. Im just about to take a look at Imposer Pro. Quiet looks pretty good too, but i agree about the interface.

I'm using InDesign for my impositions. With some custom applescripting, a "marks" library and print presets it works very well.

I have never used anything really other than preps. I know its expensive, but it works great. I have used Quark and Indesign for envelope layouts and other harder stuff though.

I was just in the process of listing 2 items on Ebay (but decided to look into the trade forums).

I have a copy of Dynastrip Compact version 4.3 (MAC). The current new version costs $3250 (cdn).

I also have a copy of INposition 6.1 (MAC). It is an Imposition application that runs as an extension of QUARKXPRESS.

The current new version costs $3355 (cdn). I checked last week.

This software was purchased from a bankruptcy liquidation sale. I don't need it. Both packages include dongles and activation codes....THESE ARE NOT PIRATED COPIES. They could be upgraded to the most current versions, but they are completely functional and feature rich as is.

The best part is I only want $500 cdn for each copy, or you can have both for $925.......This is no joke..

I have been using Dynagrams Inposition for a long time and I think it is great, even though it is a Quark plug in....

i suggest indesign if ur on a budget. You can create a multipage PDF to create templates, then just relink for your different jobs. Probably the cheapest solution. Quite is pretty good but its a hefty price for a plugin IMO. I use the demo version of it to "trim and shift" for booklet creep. Get a demo of quite and give it a try, you can create impositions with the demo, but i think the pages have a big x on them.

I use apogeeX and preps templates, used to use pandora for booklets, but now only use pandora for our packaging business.

Edited by: pandpinc on Jan 22, 2008 8:04 AM

Hi Joel,

My company might be interested in the dynastrip.......where abouts are you in Canada....we are in Toronto, Markham area...

thanks

begum
416-707-2538

Anybody that is using Indesign to do impo, have you ever found a place where people exchange files? No sense in building a bunch of templates if they might already be available. I would need a template for pages 7.875 x 10.5 with .125 inch bleed. I tried Imposer pro yesterday and it worked pretty good but the size of the PDF files it created were HUGE.

For inexpensive, and easy - you really can beat *PDF Snake [Inexpensive, no joke - $340.00 !|http://www.pdfsnake.com/] e*. It is a Plug-in to Acrobat.

You can buy the hot folder version for $520.00 where you can set up different impositions that PDF Snake automatically applies using drag and drop.

I feel it is pretty darn fast too. Available via credit card online at [The PDF Store|http://www.pdfstore.com/]

"This is Michael Jahn and I approve this message"

Since every shop has it's own plate sizes and preferred marks patterns it's easier to just make your own in Indy. Once made for the first job it's ready for PDF's to be re-linked for your next job. File sizes are getting huge but that has to do with hard drive size and processor speeds. The bigger they make the drives, the larger the files seem to get, same with processor speeds.

On the subject of huge PDF out of Imposer Pro we always do .ps then distill to PDFx-1a. Sounds like you used the PDF printer in the Print dialogue.

If you have not already made a decision you might want to check out our inpO2 ATOM from Dynagram. It's Acrobat based imposition. Very powerful and you would have an easy upgrade path to full imposition capabilities with our inpO2 Standard Edition if you need more power in the future. You may want to check it out. :)

Good luck in your search!
Michael

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back