AGFA LAP-V exposure check

eyetech

I've probably asked this before but can't trace the answer, so here goes.

We're running LAP-V plates thru' a Palladio 30. The digicontrol strip at the base of the plate is showing 1x1 circle clearly, 2x2 just discernable all others merged with background. 1 micron lines barely visible, 2 microns clear.

On occasions, particularly where pale tints are involved (say 4 to 5%) the tints break down and I have to drop the laser intensity. I'm sure we started off with an intensity of around 70 on installation (around 3 years ago) but gradually we've got down to 40 to maintain light tints.

Any input appreciated.

Re: AGFA LAP-V exposure check

Boy oh boy - no reply for a week! I even think I just saw some tumbleweed go by ;)

Hi Richard,

Although we have a Galileo, I can tell you what our experience has been (and what Agfa has told us).

On the exposure wedge, we were told that to achieve a nominal exposure, the 1x1 circle should be slightly darker than its background (not sure if this is true for a Palladio though).

We have had problems in the past with highlights dropping off. As such, we adjusted our plate curve to compensate by bumping the highlights up a little bit. This has solved the problem for us.

Not sure if this will help or not but I hope it does :)
Jon

Thanks for that Joe - I'll wait a little while to see if other replies concur.

Hi Richard,

We are using a Xitron rip, Galileo VS Ctp, LP 82 Ultra processor and LAP-V plates. We are constantly tweeking our exposure curves from the 1-7% and the 93-99%. The balance seems to stay decent at our base exposure. We clean the optics and run a test exposure plate every Monday. Hope this helps out.

Mark

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back