Problem with Amigo or Saphira chemistry-free plates

tommy_ib

Hi everybody,

We run with Agfa Amigo chemistry-free (or Heidelberg Saphira Thermoplates NA) for about 5 months now. We are experiencing problems on press. There are some ink spots that appears on press, sometimes it at the beginning of the job, sometime few hours after the jobs is started. The pressman uses some plate cleaner to remove them, but they appears again somewere else after a few time.

Heidelberg tried everything in helping us resolving that, but they don’t know what to do. I’ve read many comments on the web and everyone seems very happy with this plate. We tought we made a good thing changing for Kodak Sword excel to the Agfa Amigo plate, but we are not sure now… With the old plate, we did not have that problem. We have a Heidelberg SupraSetter 105 and a Glunz & Jenson Interplater.

Is someone here experienced this kind of problem and what did you do the resove it ?

Thanks !

Re: Problem with Amigo or Saphira chemistry-free plates

Hi tommy,

can you describe the ink spots, rough shape and size. Do they have any halo to them and if so is it a complete halo or only on grip side of spot.

I have had similar issue but with normal processed thermal plates so might not be the plates.

Cheers paul

Re: Problem with Amigo or Saphira chemistry-free plates

The spots are very small, they are often at the same place in the 4 colors, sometimes they are at different places. I think their might be an incompatibility with the fountain solution and the plate we are using ??
There is no halo around the spots. See picture attached to see what it looks like.
Thanks. Tommy

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back