Acento S Conveyor Question

Hello. We have recently switched from Azura TS (which used a gum processor) to Kodak Thermal Direct (which uses no chemistry). Our older setup had a motorized conveyor at the exit from the Acento S platesetter. The conveyor is attached to an Agfa C85 gum processor. At the exit side of the Gum Processor is a Gravity Plate Collector. I thought we would simply remove the Gum Processor and reposition the Gravity Collector at the exit of the Acento...but noooooo. The last roller in the Acento does not push the plate out far enough to drop into the plate collector. So, I then detached the conveyor from the processor ( I feel like I'm writing a novel here)...because they do sell a stand for the conveyor, so you would think it could function as a stand-a-lone unit....but noooo.
It does trip and move the plate along, but it does not run long enough to push plate into collector... and there does not seem to be enough pressure on the top of the plate as it moves along the conveyor to keep it in contact with the conveyor rollers...so it just hangs at the end...same as it hangs from the Platesetter.
Is it possible to have a plate exit from an Acento S into a gravity catcher?...or some conveyor setup?

Hello. We have recently switched from Azura TS (which used a gum processor) to Kodak Thermal Direct (which uses no chemistry). Our older setup had a motorized conveyor at the exit from the Acento S platesetter. The conveyor is attached to an Agfa C85 gum processor. At the exit side of the Gum Processor is a Gravity Plate Collector. I thought we would simply remove the Gum Processor and reposition the Gravity Collector at the exit of the Acento...but noooooo. The last roller in the Acento does not push the plate out far enough to drop into the plate collector. So, I then detached the conveyor from the processor ( I feel like I'm writing a novel here)...because they do sell a stand for the conveyor, so you would think it could function as a stand-a-lone unit....but noooo.
It does trip and move the plate along, but it does not run long enough to push plate into collector... and there does not seem to be enough pressure on the top of the plate as it moves along the conveyor to keep it in contact with the conveyor rollers...so it just hangs at the end...same as it hangs from the Platesetter.
Is it possible to have a plate exit from an Acento S into a gravity catcher?...or some conveyor setup?

Oh my God. Indeed this is a Novel!. Can you take some pictures and send them to me. Please make notes on the pictures about the problem area.

[email protected]

<<...in contact with the conveyor rollers...>> or RED BELTS?
It depends on type of the conveyor to create the line Accento-->Conveyor-->Gravity Stacker working properly. Definitely we need some pictures to see that conveyor to give you good advice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back