3 open interlocks message on lotem 400

moncivaez

On Creo Lotem 400, after verifying that all doors are properly closed, this message is displayed:

3 open interlocks

(1) Motor interlocks loop open
(2) Laser power on interlock B open
(3) Laser power on interlock A open

I've removed the hooks and I put manually into the interlocks.

Doors that do not respond are:
left side
right side
Backdoor where all the plates come out.

Any suggestions on what is causing the problem?

Thank you

On Creo Lotem 400, after verifying that all doors are properly closed, this message is displayed:

3 open interlocks

left side
right side

Thank you

Is this a manual plate loading Lotem or one with an Autoloader?

3 open interlocks

left side
right side

Thank you

It looks to me that one of the doors or pannels is not closed properly. If you removed one of the interlock prongs ( fork like) than use it on one door at a time; RHS door ; LHS door; Front cover: Rear top cover where you will need the RED cheater.
If you still have the problem than remove the Front pannel and do as before and than remove the REAR pannel.Unless one of the Interlocks is open circuit you should be able to find it.
Good luck.

We are getting the exact same message on Kodak Magnus 400 (same machine). Was working Friday turned the switch on this morning and now we are down. Only thing different is the weather. Tried opening and closing doors and panels no change. Waiting for technician..... he suggested maybe a D board or interlock needs to be replaced.

Did you get your Lotem 400 running? We'll try any suggestions at this point.

Thanks

We are getting the exact same message on Kodak Magnus 400 (same machine). Was working Friday turned the switch on this morning and now we are down. Only thing different is the weather. Tried opening and closing doors and panels no change. Waiting for technician..... he suggested maybe a D board or interlock needs to be replaced.

Did you get your Lotem 400 running? We'll try any suggestions at this point.

Thanks

FIRST. You ask a good question "did yyou get your Lotem running?"
It would be very nice if sometimes after giving advise,to get some feedback Some people maybe spend a lot of time to come up with a solution. . It does not take long to say it helped or not. This would also help people like yourself having the same proble.
Is your Magnus a manual one or with an MCU? Is it Motor interlock error you are getting or Laser?

Manual plate load.
Errors are in this order:

Laser Power On Interlock A Open
Laser Power On INterlock B OPen

Motor Interlocks Loop OPen

Thanks for your help PACH

Manual plate load.
Errors are in this order:

Laser Power On Interlock A Open
Laser Power On INterlock B OPen

Motor Interlocks Loop OPen

Thanks for your help PACH

If there is a problem with one of he laser interlocks then you should hear a loud noise from the machine. But in your case you have a Motor interlock open also. If all the doors and pannels are properly closed and tightened then could be a problem with either one of the interlocks or the Interlock board in the Power Distribution Unit.
If you open the Rear top door and put in a cheater, does the Motor Interlock disapear?

Cheater did not change the error. Kodak remote diagnosed as a board failure only after I upgraded my service contract to expedite my call. Can not afford to be down another day. Boards and tech will be here tomorrow. I'll let you know what they put in.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry Guys, we were trying differents solutions with no luck.

Pach definitely change the interlocks or hooks did not work.

Right now i sent the lotem interlock2 board to a technician for be tested on another Lotem .

This card is located in a box behind the main switches.

As additional data the Lotem doesn't make any sound if we leave a door open. We notice that the yellow buttons, where you start the pc, are not lighted up.

The technician tells us that Lotem interlock board could be damaged.

Good luck, i'll tell you what happened in the next few days.

Sorry Guys, we were trying differents solutions with no luck.

Pach definitely change the interlocks or hooks did not work.

Right now i sent the lotem interlock2 board to a technician for be tested on another Lotem .

This card is located in a box behind the main switches.

As additional data the Lotem doesn't make any sound if we leave a door open. We notice that the yellow buttons, where you start the pc, are not lighted up.

The technician tells us that Lotem interlock board could be damaged.

Good luck, i'll tell you what happened in the next few days.

If the Start Button (Yellow[/COLOR]) does not light up and you also get Laser Interlock errors it could be an indication that the 250V, 10A fuse is U/S on the transformer that is located at the REAR of the Power Distribution Box.

Tech just left Magnus still down because it was not the interlock boards that remote support sent but the 240V power control board. A fuse was blown but Yellow light still worked? Hopefully making plates tomorrow. Sending work out bites.

Not liking the new policy that Kodak has with remote trying to diagnose the problem then the tech comes and installs parts remote thinks is the problem, before the tech (who is way smarter than the kid on the phone from remote) would call to diagnose and order extra parts just in case and we were always back up and running in less than 24 hours.

hello there, I am also have these problem, any solution regarding this problem? your suggestion is much appreciated.

thank you

The lotem interlock2 board may not be working. This card is located in a box behind the main switches. That was our solution.

hello there, I am also have these problem, any solution regarding this problem? your suggestion is much appreciated.

thank you

If the Start Button (Yellow[/COLOR]) does not light up and you also get Laser Interlock errors it could be an indication that the 250V, 10A fuse is U/S on the transformer that is located at the REAR of the Power Distribution Box.

Sorry to be this late in this topic.
but you say 250V 10a fuse.
where can i find that one?

Attachments

• photo6940.jpg
    photo6940.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 294
As PACH wrote:
"On the transformer that is located at the REAR of the Power Distribution Box".
(That's box behind the main switches).

As PACH wrote:
"On the transformer that is located at the REAR of the Power Distribution Box".
(That's box behind the main switches).
Hi Thanks for your quick reply.
i have anorher picture of it.!!
do you mean this picture?
also dont know with can be broken.

Attachments

• photo6971.jpg
    photo6971.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 288

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back