The balance of exposure and developing to thermal plates!

Hi all,
Recently,We have installed a thermal platesetter.
Firstly,We test the new plate with the new developers.Then The engineer set the laser intensity.
Secondly,About two weeks later,The banding is found somtimes.It is my solution that We can increase the laser intensity or increase the dwell time of developing.Our printer do not give us any issue.So,I doubt whether the result is same completely.
I want to check the issue with the testing wedge.But We can always find a solution ,in the relation of laser intensity and developing time,to get a same testing wedge.Maybe,I can not understand the wedge completely.
Anyone can give me a way to distinguish the exposure and developing,That will be a favor.
Thanks,

Re: The balance of exposure and developing to thermal plates!

What plates and processor are you using? Depending on your usage your chemistry and processor might need to be dumped and rebatched.

have you checked your conductivity?

Hi Cory,
We have used many brand thermal plates,for example,agfa P970,Kodak Excel,Creo PTP1 and so on.The processor is Lastra SPS 95.We find the rule is similar ,that is the relation of developing and exposure.My purpose is to find a way to check the bad developing or exposure.
Thanks,

After exposure rotate the plate 90 degrees and then put through processor. if the banding is the same then it's an exposure problem. if the banding chages direction then it's a processoing problem.

Do you do the fog test?
Do you change the oven temperature?
We found with Kodak thermal plates a difference depending to the size
We had to change the baking temperature accordingly!
Try changing the temperature and see what happens!
I hope it helps
Cheers

Hi All,
Maybe,there is a misunderstanding,due to my poor english.I have not any plate problem now.My problem is how to understand the exposure and developing?
For example,
The first day:Dwell time:25 Seconds,10W Ok
The eighth day:Dwill time:25 Seconds,10W;Banding;
Then,Changing the conditions:Dwill time:35 Seconds,10W;Ok
Or:Dwill time:25 Seconds,13W;Ok
So,I can't decide on which condition is better?Furthermore,That is whether the developing and exposure are over or under?If someone give you a plate that is OK in offset ,You don't know the laser power or dwell time,Do you have a solution or theory to judge the processing or exposing conditions.
Can you help me to understand the concept?

Cheers,

Hi
We have had banding in the past -we have a Creo platesetter and Kodak processor. WE have been told that its to do with the temperature surrounding the laser head. When it gets too hot it disturbs the laser.
It shows up more when the chemicals have run about 800 plates

Peter

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back