MAGNUS 400 Detect Plate Edge Problem

moradnet

thanks for all excellence members in this wonderful forum, especially the members who are doing time in providing assistance and information to benefit everyone ..
I have a MAGNUS 400 CTP manual feed, The problem on the Plate Edge detector it is requires a long time for get the edge of the Plate, also the imaging speed is very slow 12 Plate/ hour instead of 16 Plate/hour ..
Thanks very much for all members who will helps me for finding a solution to fix this problem

thanks for all excellence members in this wonderful forum, especially the members who are doing time in providing assistance and information to benefit everyone ..
I have a MAGNUS 400 CTP manual feed, The problem on the Plate Edge detector it is requires a long time for get the edge of the Plate, also the imaging speed is very slow 12 Plate/ hour instead of 16 Plate/hour ..
Thanks very much for all members who will helps me for finding a solution to fix this problem

First of all which Magnus400 do you have and what plates are you using?
Please explain a bit more about the Edge detection. do you get an error message or it can not find the edge of plate?

Thank you for your reply,

Magnus 400S, The type of plates Thermal TP-II ,Positive ( from HUAGUANG Co.), we using several sizes of plates for (GTO52, Speedmaster52, Printmaster74).
Some times I get an error message "Failed to detect Plate Edge", but most times the Laser Head takes long time to succeed in Detect the edge of Plate then start imaging. I have tried cleaning the lens also change focus value and test but the problem still exists
Thank you

Hi - the reduction in speed would make me think you have some lasers out of action. Have you tried recalibrating them? Have you tried putting the plate in the other way round? Sometimes the plate may have subtle differences in the colour of the substrate which tips the edge detection out of its calibrated range.

Andrew

TRY THE FOLLOWING:
**run Diagnostics and confirm that the Power Supply voltages are within the displayed tolerances

**perform Edge Detection from hardware and see if the location (number) is consistent

**clean the Vacuum holes with the Vacuum pump ON

**clean the Light Detector. You will have to take the back pannel off and move the carriage away from the Home position

** clean the V Block that the carriage moves along.
If you still have the problem will have to look at other things to check.

Thank you for your reply,

Magnus 400S, The type of plates Thermal TP-II ,Positive ( from HUAGUANG Co.), we using several sizes of plates for (GTO52, Speedmaster52, Printmaster74).
Some times I get an error message "Failed to detect Plate Edge", but most times the Laser Head takes long time to succeed in Detect the edge of Plate then start imaging. I have tried cleaning the lens also change focus value and test but the problem still exists
Thank you

Thank you papamoose..

Yes the Laser Number #29 is Failed during Calibrating from 115mw to 300mw value, also I tried putting the plate in the other way round but the Plate edge detection problem still found.
Is there a way to solve the problem of laser No. 29 by Laser calibration or CTP controler program Xpo or from Registery?...

As Diode 29 is down it means that you are working with diodes 0 to 28 out of 42, so this is why the machine is exposing at a slower speed. With the Magnus400 you are in a better situation as there are some spare Diodes in the machine. I am afraid that you will need a technician that knows the Magnus that has a Splicer who will connect a spare diode to channel 29.

Dear Sir/s,

I also have a problem with our Kodak Magnus 400 II during start-up of the machine an error appears stating that "The operation Get of Smart Plate Edge Card _ op failed. In the hardware tree the smart plate edgecard have an X indication.
Is there any idea how to solve this issue?

Lharz

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back