Heidelberg Quicksetter 300

print-steve

A local printer just upgraded to a Suprasetter and now has a QS 300 for sale. Does anyone have any experience with this machine? What's a reasonable price to pay for a used one? It includes the QS 300 and the Rip.

I don't have much experience with CTP machines and I know this is an older machine. From what they tell me, it's in good working condition. We are just using film right now and a Kimosetter for short run jobs.

Re: Heidelberg Quicksetter 300

Somethings you need to find out before you make an offer. Is it on line or ofline processor. Does it have the original RIP or has it been upgraded. The original Delta RIP did not support PDF. I think this is an old lino bow and rip with the heidelberg dressing. Polyester plates work well in small format. Capable of 175lpi. If you go with polyester use the 8ml poly plate material, less strech on press and better registration. If everything is original I think I wouild offer $2500?? Have him do a job for you and test on your press.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back