Heidelberg Saphira Themal PN

SWC1144

Anyone out there using the Saphira Thermal PN plate from Heidelberg? If so, how's it working in your shop. We're having an annoying issue and I'm just looking to see if anyone else is having the same problem. The plates seem to be very sensitive to fingerprints and just being touched in general *after* processing. We're also running the Fuji LH-PJ plate and we're not seeing the same problem. The pressman aren't used to being so gentile with plates and even gloves aren't helping completely.

Any feedback is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean Cox
Inland

Re: Heidelberg Saphira Themal PN

Hi Sean,

When we've made the switch to Saphira Thermoplates NA, we've realised that they were very sensitive to fingerprints compared to Kodak Sword plates. Our pressmans were always complaining about that...
To avoid that, make sure the person who charges the plates into the CTP do not touch the green surface (emulsion). He can manipulate the plate by the bottom and keep the separating sheet on it until he puts it in the CTP.
I remember also having some fingerprints after processing, but not a lot... To resolve that, we've put a more concentrated gum (Agfa RC795 instead of RC791).

Let me know if that works for you...

Tommy

Re: Heidelberg Saphira Themal PN

Hi Sean and Tommy,

do you have any informations about the Saphira manufacturer? I assume it's Agfa but which plates hides behind Saphira-plates NA, PN, PA?
What other plates does Heidelberg sell within their Saphira-programm?

Edited by: superuser on Jul 2, 2008 8:15 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back