Archiving/compressing Large 1 BIT TIF files

picklenuts

What is the/a recommended way to compress fully stepped gigabyte 1 bit tiff files to a more mangageable file size? I have seen files go from a full gigabyte to a fully functional 20 meg TIFF! Is this a proprietary thing? Using a regualar compression program all I was able to achieve was a 5% reduction. We are using a Navigator rip v 7 to prepare our TIFF files for CTP with 2400DPI and 133LS.

Re: Archiving/compressing Large 1 BIT TIF files

The files that were the smallest were probably CCIT Group4 compression, at least that's how I used to receive in full press forms from a customer and the files were usually not much bigger than 20-40 megs.

Re: Archiving/compressing Large 1 BIT TIF files

Compression ahead of time is the key .

Due to the lack of interest/responses I'd say that my question should have been settled a long time ago by our installers or its too complex for most of the forum.

Somehow , I ll put money on the installers incompetence as most of you seem to be having no trouble.

Thanks for the compression hint...

Its working well now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back