supra lasers

motormount

Hi all!

Plates started comin out of the ctp with a noticeable difference between the half left and the half right,like the left laser is weakened!

No difference when the plate is developed,only eye check possible!

Job will be printed tomorrow,should i be expecting something based on your experience?

We are outputting abezeta plates,and the supra has around 160000 exposures,bought it with 140000,can't tell if it has ever changed laser!

Thanks in advance!

What type of Supra is it ? -> An A has only 1 laser, there you not see any difference, on the 74 or 105 models you can have up to 6 lasers..( But that's besides the question ). Laser of supasetters ( normally ) don't have to be changed for life time reasons.( there can be problems, of course).
But probably the laser power of 1 laser module has to increase with a few mW. Depending on your location and relationship with distributor a service engineer has to come over, our you will be explained by phone ( It isn't hard to do ).
These things can happen,in general it has nothing to do with life time, or focus, or cooling...
What sometimes might be an influence: the quality of the ( optional ) debris removal filter.

It's a 105 with two lasers.

We recently changed plates,we were using Azura which have a mat surface,then we tried one or two positive brands but the latest-the abezeta- have a very ''glossy'' emulsion,so maybe it's got to do with this.

As i wrote,the difference between the two half's was striking,you could actually see the line where the first laser ends and the other starts!

Job was printed ok,at least from what we saw.

How come supra's lasers are so trustworthy?Two shops i know can't make plates right now 'cause their thermal ctp's-not supra's- are down due to their lasers-and it's not worh it to fix them!

Thank's anyway!

The ( re ) sell value of a SupraSetter lays in the lasers. I've serviced Suse's with 300 k m2 on their counter, without ever having an issue on their laser. It is also depending on our relationship with your distributor: I've replaced lasers, ant the shop owner would pay them in time with a higher plate price.Of course Heibelberg isn't giving them away for free, but if you follow the rules, they are very flexible on guarantee...
The quality of the laser is good, but also the software behind it is more then OK...If you should have a broken diode, just of block of 4 diodes is switched off,of course you will lose speed...But back to your issue: increase the power a few mW on the laser that flashes the darker side...If you can't reach it..lower the power on the lighter side, but also reduce you speed a little bit :)
Let me know how it turns out... :)

Thank's for answering!

I was thinking first to find and write a couple of plates just to see if it only has to do with the plate -very- glossy surface.

To be honest,even if i see it happen on a different plate-an azura for examble- i 'll change the lasers power only after press issues!

*update*

Merry Christmas to you,all!

Yesterday the platesetter gave a 5520 ''the drum was not initialized correctly'' on start up.
After 2 or 3-or 4- reboots the error was fixed but when trying to write a job,the plates came out clean-no platesetter error but on the printmanager there was an ''no available material found during material load action'' message!
After 2 or 3 tries,it started working.
Today all over again,except it isn't writing anything -yet- and the lasers are not shown on the GUI-the setters graphic interface-

Any suggestion anyone?

Thanx in advance!

Yesterday the platesetter gave a 5520 ''the drum was not initialized correctly'' on start up.
After 2 or 3-or 4- reboots the error was fixed but when trying to write a job,the plates came out clean-no platesetter error but on the printmanager there was an ''no available material found during material load action'' message!
After 2 or 3 tries,it started working.
Today all over again,except it isn't writing anything -yet- and the lasers are not shown on the GUI-the setters graphic interface-

hello : )

may i know what happen or the solution of vendor to this particular problem?

we currently want to purchase supra 106,

thank you very much in advance

No supra error after all.

To make a long story short,in order to use our old analogue plate developer with new positive ctp plates we had to cut down speed a lot,so a certain manufactures plates produced so much powder the vacuum could not suck and it covered everything inside the ctp,f*n blue powder all over the place!

Tech came,cleaned what he could,we changed the chinese plates to some abezeta brand and -knock on wood- we are working with no problems since then-as far as it concerns the ctp-.

No supra error after all.

To make a long story short,in order to use our old analogue plate developer with new positive ctp plates we had to cut down speed a lot,so a certain manufactures plates produced so much powder the vacuum could not suck and it covered everything inside the ctp,f*n blue powder all over the place!

Tech came,cleaned what he could,we changed the chinese plates to some abezeta brand and -knock on wood- we are working with no problems since then-as far as it concerns the ctp-.

Does this happen with ALL blue coated plates? or just some of them? can a heidelberg tech comment on this please? blue coated ones work fine on SCREEN machines, and green coated ones tend to be more expensive

nope,the abezeta-not sure i'm spelling them right- we currently use are bluish too-less blue than the chinese that caused the problem-

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back