Best CTP for small printing company

I have to side with Pressman's Prids and BillJ.
I've installed and serviced the RipIt systems as well as other manufacturers and can say, without reservation... The RipIt systems are by far the least expensive systems in existence when it comes to repairs, service, and maintenance.
What other equipment of the same variety is out there that can boast less than $2500 in service or repairs over a four year period? Hey! most other manufacturers would have trouble boasting $2500 in a single service call or over a year let alone 2, 3 or 4 years.

Ripit System

Ripit System

I have to side with Pressman's Prids and BillJ.
I've installed and serviced the RipIt systems as well as other manufacturers and can say, without reservation... The RipIt systems are by far the least expensive systems in existence when it comes to repairs, service, and maintenance.
What other equipment of the same variety is out there that can boast less than $2500 in service or repairs over a four year period? Hey! most other manufacturers would have trouble boasting $2500 in a single service call or over a year let alone 2, 3 or 4 years.

We have had the Ripit system for about 3 years now and it runs ok UNTIL something goes wrong then your going to pay big time for repairs like we are doing now we just paid $1200.00 for a call on our VM Laser just to clean a motor, now the plate Pross P20 went down blew a Driver motor at the tune of $875.00 and it has been down for over a month now because they sent us the wrong motor then they didnt have the right motor and thats been 3 weeks now since they ordered it from Germany and will still our down so it is costing us big bucks getting plates from the out side.

Best CTP

Best CTP

Hello,

One of the main factors is the quantity of plates you make a month. We used to use a Xante Platemake 4 for 1 color jobs (it won't register at all!), and we were using negatives and metal plates for 4 color work. We went with the Platestream 46 by Printware in Minneapolis. They sold us a used machine that was like new, and have stood behind it with great tech support. We now use the silvermaster for everything, and our only regret is not having purchased it sooner!

Well - second regret - the solution will only last a thousand plates or one month, whichever comes first, and we have to import the heavy stuff to Costa Rica, paying shipping and taxes. But we are working on this aspect. This is why I said you need to take into account your volume. Sometimes we end up throwing out solution that is not used up, because it oxidizes first.

Bill G

Affordable metal plate chemistry free CTP

Affordable metal plate chemistry free CTP

Look at the Glunz & Jensen iCtP system. Has over 750 machines installed world wide and approximately 175 installed in the states and Canada. Plate life up to 50,000 impressions, chemistry free, metal plate, optical registration system for great 4 color work, no change in press chemistry, low plate costs, backed by company nearly 40 years old. Just released 3rd generation of machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back