HP 5000

wmreich

I'm switching over to the HP 5000, poly plates. I use the AB Dick 360 press.

I sure could use any information you could provide for How-To go about the prosess

of making the poly plate - I've been told the plate must be put through a laminate machine,

before going to press. I cannot locate a booklet on instructions. Toll free 800-356-8754.

Bill Reichard. HELP!

Re: HP 5000

I would think it depends on which brand plate you use. Look for instructions on your brand of plate and then hopefully tips on using that plate on your HP 5000.

The poly plates we used on our LaserJets we set up the printer for vellum paper and printed them. We didn't do anything special other than to run them through the bypass tray.

You do not have to use a laminator if you have a HP 5000 or 5100. If you buy one of the newer models then they do not support the laser plates. look for a refurb 5100 on line. Use the plates made by Technova they are bullet proof. Our Technova plate is called Optima and is readily available at paper stores or dealers. If you want a dealers location, email me.

Tom

Mattbeals,
HP says Vellum is not the hottest setting. Hot is the hottest. You may get more impressions if you image on the Hot setting.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back