Developer problem

maqlatura

Registered Users
Hi everybody.

I have a problem with developing machine Bora Heights 125. After developing plate has a texture on printing areas. We tried to wash mashine and put in new fresh developer but problem is still here. At the begining I try to add developer manualy throuhg machine menu and it helped for a few plates but then texture appeared again. I use Fuji plates and Fuji's developer HD-P8. Here are the pictures of efect:

Attachments

• IMG_20140519_133505.jpg
    IMG_20140519_133505.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20140519_133521.jpg
    IMG_20140519_133521.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20140519_133534.jpg
    IMG_20140519_133534.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 195
Bora

Bora

Zdravo, the strange wavy pattern is either worn brushes, bad plates or fogging. At least in theory, it may also appear because of dev starvation or improper mixing of replenish (does the pattern show where the replen tube sits in the dev tank ... ??)

I advise you to first process an unexposed plate, fresh out of the box. Should come out perfectly clean. If not inspect both dev brushes for damage, readjust their pressure carefully then check your fluid circulation (clogged spraybars in dev tank ; bad pump ; bad filter fitted). My best guess is bad circulation. Retest a new unexposed plate. Get back with results.

sorry I just realised it's a Bora, if you use positive thermal plates everything is the other way round.

Last edited:
In order to be useful, please write what kind of plates do you run and what are your settings. Sometimes the input rollers are in developer and it can cause this strange pattern. Try cleaning them with water and gum cleaning liquid.

it may be plate problem use another batch plates
we are at india we using techova plates recently we facing the problem sucker marks appeared on printing resulting image loss, we suspect it may be temperature problem at stock room by trial using old batch plates, no marks (unwanted marks) are found on the image.
i think may be same problem try this way

Last edited:
Hi everybody.

I have a problem with developing machine Bora Heights 125. After developing plate has a texture on printing areas. We tried to wash mashine and put in new fresh developer but problem is still here. At the begining I try to add developer manualy throuhg machine menu and it helped for a few plates but then texture appeared again. I use Fuji plates and Fuji's developer HD-P8. Here are the pictures of efect:

2 questions:

1- Have you been using Fuji plates for a long time or you just switched to these plates?
2- Can you get some different brand plates or use different batch of Fuji plates.

Is the result the same?

Last edited:
I use termal positive plates. I tried one week to use EUROCTP plates and those paterns didn't appered for the first 3-4 day and then started to appear also on EUROCTP plates. It disapper when I add manualy developer, but after 20-30 plates I must add developer again. Now I change pressure of brushes and problem is solved for now. I will see for a couple days what will happend.

I use termal positive plates. I tried one week to use EUROCTP plates and those paterns didn't appered for the first 3-4 day and then started to appear also on EUROCTP plates. It disapper when I add manualy developer, but after 20-30 plates I must add developer again. Now I change pressure of brushes and problem is solved for now. I will see for a couple days what will happend.
Increase the Developer tempreture or replinishment by 2 units. Slightly!!! Good luck.

To solve your problem thoroughly, I would suggest to
1, Make sure the developer replenish pump are still working
2, Re-calibrate the developer replenish pump
3, Make sure the program you are using have right/proper DEV replenishment settings

Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back