Agfa Azura TS Plate Wear

We have been using the Agfa Azura TS plates for 3+ years, but starting about 6 months ago we started to get premature plate wear, anywhere from 7,000 to 40,000. We are using a Kodak Magnus platesetter and had Kodak check the exposure and they said everything is fine. Has anyone else had any issues with the Agfa Azura TS plates in the last 6 months? Just wondering if they changed something.

When you say plate wear, can you please confirm if the image is wearing or the non-image area is wearing. I have had plate wear issues in the past with the image area wearing down after a few thousand and in the end it came down to the fount, we changed that and the problem instantly disappeared.

Are you getting plate wear on all colours? Has something changed in your process. New blankets, different paper, different ink, new fountain solution, new pressman?

We are getting the same thing. On runs that are a little longer than you say (mostly 40k) but the image area is wearing away. Have you had any luck fixing the issue?

In my shop we had the same issue, of course press always blames prepress, but I had them check roller adjustments, also fountain solution mix and the problem went away, we are a web shop, and I am getting about 70,000 impressions before the image starts to wear out

When you say plate wear, can you please confirm if the image is wearing or the non-image area is wearing. I have had plate wear issues in the past with the image area wearing down after a few thousand and in the end it came down to the fount, we changed that and the problem instantly disappeared.
Would you indicate what fountain solution you switched from and to?

I don't want to post bad publicity for a brand on a public domain, but if you just change the fount to a different brand and it is still the same, then at least you have identified it's not a fount issue.

Rather than embarrass some FS maker, I was hoping to determine what ingredient changes might have been associated with the improvement.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back