PT-R 8600 Laser calibration random problem

Gianni_S

Hi Forumer,
As you can read in the subject I am having some strange trouble with my CTP:
During production the laser head recalibrate every 16 plates, randomly I have an error on laser calibration on a certain diode (the n. 47).
When it happens, I stop production, and I performa a manual laser calibration. This one always goes fine without any problem.
Plates are written correctly, so this does not make it a real problem, but it is annoying and I am afraid of something more serious.
Trying to fix it, I have cleaned optics, calibrator, and checked laser connections; but nothing seems to solve the problem.
Some of you have had similar problem?
Any suggestion is more than welcome.

Thanks a lot, have a great day!

G:

This is tricky to diagnose. Do you have an error number?

Our best guess is that Chanel 47 is unstable. Most likely the diode is due for replacement. The Chanel 47 diode should be swapped with an adjacent one.
If the problem does not transfer to another channel, it may not be a diode but the driver. In both cases, service is needed.

Our engineers can help, if you decide to have it serviced.

http://www.viprofix.com/services

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back