Support contracts for those with two platesetters???

prepressdork

Hi all,

As a follow-up to my previous post for those with two platesetters, I am now curious if you cover your platesetters with a service contract? Do you also have two plate processors or just one? Do you cover the processor(s) with a contract?

Thank you,
pd

We have two prosetters for the mechanical backup and no service contract . . . as I recall the mechanical backup cost as much as buying a used one after a couple of years . . . but we do have one software contract so staying current is a constant cost

Our backup platesetter is end of service life, otherwise great machine and works great so no service contract on it.
Our main platesetter is on full service contract.
Neither processors are not on contract

No . . . we have one that is working and one thats for parts . . . but (knock on wood here) haven't needed help with the processor yet . . . but we take pretty good care of it . .. Violet is messy, and tends to get away from you if you don't do the right maintenance on time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back