Presstek Anthem Pro to Anthem Elite Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presstek Anthem Pro to Anthem Elite Conversion

My company recently received a notice that Presstek will no longer be manufacturing the Anthem Pro plate. It will be replaced with the Anthem Elite plate, which will use a one-step washout solution.

Has anyone made the conversion yet? I am concerned that there may be issues with our Dimension 400, which is an older CTP device.

Ask them directly the same question. There are two possible answers: "Yes, you can use those" and "No, you can not use those".
    In first case you go on, probably using old washing unit with washout solution instead of water.
    In second case, either you switch to other plates (same or different manufacturer) or change CtP. Old Dimensions can be tuned down to use other plates but become unstable and require often fine tuning (in my case it was once a week and typical week was about 250+ plates).

Comment

We just did the conversion last week. We were the first in Minnesota. Presstek sent my service rep and 2 other reps. It took about 3 to 4 hours. We are a small shop with a ryobi 3304 and a sakurai 258 2 color press. I image about 20 to 30 plates a week. Was nervous for sure since anthem pro plates we were using were running great for our shop. New plates have performed well on my sakurai press. I had to adjust roller settings on the 3304, but after that seems to be good. Plates are a grained plate not smooth like previous athem plates. We are imaging on a Dimension 400. I did have to adjust my fountian solution/alc sub a little. Plates need more water compared to the previous anthem Pro. Hopefully this helps and the plates continue to perform well.

Comment

That is very helpful information. We had our conversion scheduled for this past Monday, but Presstek has not sent us new brush rollers for our processor, so we are waiting for those so we can reschedule the conversion. We've had a difficult time working with Presstek just to get the conversion scheduled. The have not been very responsive to emails.
        Glad to hear that the plates are running well. Let's hope the Elite will be a good plate for all of us Anthem users.

Comment

We just converted over yesterday. Already noticing a difference in how much water needed to run and also looks like we may have to change fountain solution. Runs clean on the old plates but the new plates leaves a frame on the blanket. I'm just really hoping to find something where I can run both plates without having to change fountain solutions or roller setting. We save a lot of plates and have a lot of repeat jobs. A few things I've noticed about the new ones: you do need more water, if you save the plates they have to be cleaned and gummed almost immediately. They do seem to scratch much easier than the old ones. I'm questioning why they have pushed this new plate, really leaving you no option but this plate. I'm a bit skeptical of this. I'm curious about what chemistry anyone else is using, as far as fountain solutions and plate cleaner. They gave me a list of different fountain solutions recommended for these plates, but really no recommendation for our specific presses. I have multiple presses with four different water systems.

Comment

We just converted, or rather, we just had the conversion forced on us. It's been a circus, Presstek is seemingly totally unprepared to do anything but push this new plate ... as soon as they've done the conversion, they're gone. No help with the inevitable on-press issues, no coordination between the various parts of Presstek, we're pretty unhappy with the whole thing.
            Having said that ... we're running a GTO 52-5, and a Toko T-head. If anyone could let us know what chemistry you're using, it'd go a long way to allowing us to get back into some sort of predicatble production schedule.

Comment

I"m still not very happy about these plates, it's taking some getting used to and tweaking with chemistry and settings. We're running these on Ryobi 3302 and 3304, perfector and jet press. Have only ran on the 3302 and 3304 so far. I had to switch fountain solution on the 3302, ended up trying Varn Superlene since I had some here, I'm able to go back and forth from the old and new plates with only a little adjustment on the crestlines. As far as the 3304, I'm running the ryobimatic water system using AB Dick 38778 fountain solution and it's ran well on both plates. Also wondering what kind of ink you all are you using.

Comment

We've been running these plates for about 6 weeks now and for the most part, everything has been going well. Our pressman likes them, and said he has had to run his water a bit higher. As for working with Presstek, it's been a challenge. We are still waiting to hear back about getting credit for our unused Anthem plates and filters.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
                UltimateDuplo4OverStandard FinishingKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3725 users online. 57 members and 3668 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                X