Presstek Anthem Pro to Anthem Elite Conversion

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use burnshince plate cleaner and preserver, reuse plates with no problem. You must clean them immediately though.

Comment

Thanks Wonderings for you reply but im relatively happy with the Dimension, we've had ours around 11 years now and probably only had to replace less than 10 lazers in that time.

Lazer settings do need attention but ive never found it to be too much of an issue, i balance ours up using a plate Densitometer and have them within 0.3% of each other and that seems to hold for 6 months or so before needing any further attention.

I must admit balancing the lazers up is much trickier with these new Elite plates though as you can barely see the image but the Plate Densitometer sorts that out.

My only issue seems to be with storing and using the plates for repeat jobs, we just cant seem to get it right!
      Andy Barrington
      barringtonprint DESIGN | PRINT | WEB www.barringtonprint.com

Comment

Thanks Mlevett ill look into that make of plate cleaner never heard of it over here in the UK though, and yeah we clean our plates immediately but still get these issues.
        Andy Barrington

Comment

HI There
          We have just changed to these plates and are having a terrible time with framing on the blankets. The blankets need washed every few 1000 sheets. We cannot figure out how ink is getting onto the blankets outwith the paper area. Have changed fount, cleaned out damp, increased alcohol, various things but it still builds up and creates a big mess inside the machine. We are running a B2 speedmaster.

any help appreciated??

Comment

Hello G. Ferguson,

Revert back to your previous plate manufacturer !

Regards, Alois

Comment

if only it was that simple. This was the change forced on us by presstek as old plates no longer available. In fairness the print is better but this framing is a problem.

Comment

Hello G. Ferguson,

It's a free country, use plates from ........ Agfa, Fuji, Kodak - So every thing was fine in the Pressroom until you change "Plates" ?????

Regards, Alois

Comment

Unfortunately its not as simple as that 'Alois' not all types of plates can be used with the Dimension plate setters.

I imagine Graeme was using the same Anthem Pro Plates we used and is now on the Anthem Elite plates. We tried getting the plate setter to use a the more widely used Fuji Pro T3 plate but we couldnt get it to work, and neither could a team from Fuji or the engineers from Marlowe.

Getting a new platesetter is not really financially viable at this point so we are stuck using the Anthem Elite plates for now, i guess your in the same boat too Graeme?
                  Andy Barrington

Comment

There are many plates available for the dimension 400 series.
                    I am available to help anybody interested in making this conversion. Randy 808-202-0074

Comment

Thanks Andy, yes we're in your boat! Have managed to get things printing a little cleaner after working through a long process of ink and damp modifications. Its not sorted but a lot better.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                      4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesGTILabelexpoKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4951 users online. 83 members and 4868 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                      X