Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mlevett
    replied
    Just wanted to see how everyone is doing now with these plates. Curious as to any issues or opinions on them.

Leave a comment:

• Graeme Ferguson
    replied
    Thanks Andy, yes we're in your boat! Have managed to get things printing a little cleaner after working through a long process of ink and damp modifications. Its not sorted but a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• Randall Ellersick
    replied
    There are many plates available for the dimension 400 series.
    I am available to help anybody interested in making this conversion. Randy 808-202-0074

Leave a comment:

• andy_baz
    replied
    Unfortunately its not as simple as that 'Alois' not all types of plates can be used with the Dimension plate setters.

I imagine Graeme was using the same Anthem Pro Plates we used and is now on the Anthem Elite plates. We tried getting the plate setter to use a the more widely used Fuji Pro T3 plate but we couldnt get it to work, and neither could a team from Fuji or the engineers from Marlowe.

Getting a new platesetter is not really financially viable at this point so we are stuck using the Anthem Elite plates for now, i guess your in the same boat too Graeme?

Leave a comment:

• Alois Senefelder
    replied
    Hello G. Ferguson,

It's a free country, use plates from ........ Agfa, Fuji, Kodak - So every thing was fine in the Pressroom until you change "Plates" ?????

Regards, Alois

Leave a comment:

• Graeme Ferguson
    replied
    if only it was that simple. This was the change forced on us by presstek as old plates no longer available. In fairness the print is better but this framing is a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Alois Senefelder
    replied
    Hello G. Ferguson,

Revert back to your previous plate manufacturer !

Regards, Alois

Leave a comment:

• Graeme Ferguson
    replied
    HI There
    We have just changed to these plates and are having a terrible time with framing on the blankets. The blankets need washed every few 1000 sheets. We cannot figure out how ink is getting onto the blankets outwith the paper area. Have changed fount, cleaned out damp, increased alcohol, various things but it still builds up and creates a big mess inside the machine. We are running a B2 speedmaster.

any help appreciated??

Leave a comment:

• andy_baz
    replied
    Thanks Mlevett ill look into that make of plate cleaner never heard of it over here in the UK though, and yeah we clean our plates immediately but still get these issues.

Leave a comment:

• andy_baz
    replied
    Thanks Wonderings for you reply but im relatively happy with the Dimension, we've had ours around 11 years now and probably only had to replace less than 10 lazers in that time.

Lazer settings do need attention but ive never found it to be too much of an issue, i balance ours up using a plate Densitometer and have them within 0.3% of each other and that seems to hold for 6 months or so before needing any further attention.

I must admit balancing the lazers up is much trickier with these new Elite plates though as you can barely see the image but the Plate Densitometer sorts that out.

My only issue seems to be with storing and using the plates for repeat jobs, we just cant seem to get it right!

Leave a comment:

• Mlevett
    replied
    We use burnshince plate cleaner and preserver, reuse plates with no problem. You must clean them immediately though.

Leave a comment:

• wonderings
    replied
    Honestly I would look at replacing your Dimension. We had a Dimension 425 I think and while it was good in its day, the company has been topsy turvy. We replaced our Dimension with a used Screen device of the same age. Night and day better. I had to constantly tweak laser settings on the Dimension, a real nightmare with all those zones and doing it by eye. Would have it change from morning to afternoon and need to calibrate again. Lasers are ridiculously expensive as well, even for refurb. We have 2 new refurb lasers in box if anyone is looking for a deal on them (located in Ontario Canada). We now use the Kodak Sonora XP plates and love them. No water, no cleaning, just go right on press. The downside is they do not have the shelf life as the presstek plates did. We used to store plates for repeat jobs and never had any issues. With the Kodak plates we just stopped storing them as they were constantly needing to be replaced. I will take that issue though over the Presstek ones.

Leave a comment:

• andy_baz
    replied
    Anyone got any advice on plate care with these Anthem Elite plates, we are having a horrid time trying to keep them for more than a single use purpose. For example we ran a job that has a 10000 run work & turn, ran the first 5000 last night fine then come to do the second pass this morning and the plates have gone blind or are showing up marks where the plates have been cleaned...we have been taking extra care in cleaning and gumming them but are not having much success.

Perhaps we need a different type of plate cleaner or gum or something totally different but Presstek have not advised anything other than our normal practices.

Leave a comment:

• Randall Ellersick
    replied
    I have installed thermal green which is made by Dot Works in 4 installation. One is the dimension 400 Series. The other three are dimension 425.
    no change in the machine, other than later setting. Which often go down into the 40% area! Total impressions are in the 70,000 range. We have had no fountain solution changes as of yet. No changes in the press setting at all.
    Overall the plate and supply end up being about 40% less. Play roll up extremely quickly pop in with less water being required then with the ProSeries.
    Dot Works is a customer service organization. I am on call 24 hours a day. I am completely sold on the plate

Leave a comment:

• Randall Ellersick
    replied
    Dot Works make a replacement plate called Thermal green. Impressions are up in the 70,000 area. No fountain solution to change or press roller. Power settings on the laser’s go down to approximately 40%!
    Wash out unit changes to a finisher. Dot Works pays the service tech to change The laser power setting over.
    No fountain solution change or anything is required. Much less water to the press plate

Leave a comment:

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXeroxChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4250 users online. 54 members and 4196 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
X