No announcement yet.

Presstek Freedom Pro Plates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read this thread and was surprised ! Guess I should call Presstek and see if there will be a problem with their Aurora plates. I switched to the Aurora plated about 3 or 4 yrs. ago and have had great luck. Their run length is not long but my runs are mostly short (anything over 10m I watch closely), occasionally I have to make a plate over if it wears to soon.

Lowering the laser power to accommodate the Aurora was pretty simple !

Comment

You should be fine, it only affects Freedom Pro plates , but I would see if another brand will work with your machine, just in case.

Originally posted by Jim Klann View Post
      Just read this thread and was surprised ! Guess I should call Presstek and see if there will be a problem with their Aurora plates. I switched to the Aurora plated about 3 or 4 yrs. ago and have had great luck. Their run length is not long but my runs are mostly short (anything over 10m I watch closely), occasionally I have to make a plate over if it wears to soon.

Lowering the laser power to accommodate the Aurora was pretty simple !

Comment

Hey CaboMike,
        If I were you I would keep on top of them. I was told I was given a priority as well because I have a DI I get plates for from them. I was offered several packages, and was walked through placing an order for them. Everything looked legit. I even got two follow-up calls confirming 2 had shipped that the rest would be soon to follow. But then came the call today asking how long two packages would last me.....after me digging I found out the rest aren't following. I'm getting a run-around again. This is a bunch of BS! Anybody have any luck with a lawsuit?

Comment

Do We have any legal rights ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sho2day View Post
            I need the operation manual.
            Thanks
            Did you get your 400 manual?

Comment

Well we had no choice since we could not get any plates and there was no way in hell we were going to buy a new presstek product. so we bought a New Cron machine and waiting for it to be delivered. we own the presstek machine and we will not sell it back to them because I have a feeling they will convert it to run there new plates and resell it at a high price and you will be stuck useing there plates. BTW the Cron plates are only $2.30 a plate vs pressteks $6.00 per plate. that for a Ryobi 524.

Comment

I am kind of ticked off. My boss got the letter, or whatever, from presstek a number of weeks ago but neglected to tell me until just two days ago. Of course, now we're scrambling in Pre-Press to figure out what is going on. Doesn't look like we're getting any more plates so we're down to probably a month's worth since I usually insist on keeping a healthy amount on hand. Of course, there's absolutely no plans from the same boss as to what we're going to do if something can't be figured out and I am certain if it can't be corrected and plates supplied that we wont be looking at a presstek system as a replacement. Far from it.

Has anyone else heard anything about any progress being made on the issue? The presstek site isn't really forthcoming other than their statement and some contact information, both of which when I e-mailed them I received auto-responders saying they were out of the office.

Really frustrated and concerned that we're going to be forced to switch systems with little, if any, time to research them all over again.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
                UltimateDuplo4OverStandard FinishingKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4653 users online. 105 members and 4548 guests.

Most users ever online was 5,880 at 12:29 PM on 10-20-2017.

Working...
                X