Standard Finishing
4OverXerox

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presstek Freedom Pro Plates

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by HPC View Post
    Thank you for your posts, I was considering a Presstek system as a backup for my Glunz and Jensen... another story for another day.. and ran across this thread. I sure as heck don't want to purchase a system thats gonna be obsolete when the manufacturer says so, and get stuck with a paper weight. Hope you can find a way to get around this, as I know how it feels to be facing a shut down.
    Presstek was good in its day but it is far to proprietary and would not recommend. We cannot even give our Presstek Dimension away for parts. Presstek themselves do not want it. Stick with the tried and true brands like Screen. We replaced our Presstek Dimension with a Screen from the same year and it is such a dream to use in comparison. While I do like the design of the Dimension, was far easier to get in and work on, I have way less maintenance and no calibrations to be done like the daily tweaking I had to do for the anthem plates.

    Comment


    • #32
      So what you're all saying is...the PressTek TX52 I currently have sitting unused in my shop isn't going to sell. We had someone tell us that the plates weren't being made for it any longer, but I just came across this thread today. Anybody interested in a spare parts machine?

      Comment


      • #33
        Well i am out of plates, does anyone want a Presstek FL52 Platesetter

        Comment


        • #34
          I'm on my last bundle......I'm thinking mine might make for some good target practice then load it up in my truck and make a visit to Presstek HQ. I figure back up to the front doors, drop the tailgate, bring the revs up to about 2500 on the 'ol Cummins, and dump the clutch. Let them figure out what to do with it.

          Comment


          • #35
            I am a certified Presstek Tech coming to the Central/ East Coast Next week. Anyone needing help with their Dimension’s or Calibrations, please don’t hesitate to call. Specialize in 3rd party Ctp plate calibrations and conversions. I get no kickbacks from Co’s or Suppliers!
            I have talked to Dozens off this forum already, & am thrilled with the response so far.
            Randy 808-202-0074

            History: Started as a 4-color stripper in 1976. Started my service bureau in 1989. Went to CTP/Inkjet installations in 2003...Epson, Presstek, G&J, Certified.
            Began Color Management at the same time. Kodak trained.
            I am currently in California/West Coast helping many with their plate issues/calibrations.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by crajos View Post
              So what you're all saying is...the PressTek TX52 I currently have sitting unused in my shop isn't going to sell. We had someone tell us that the plates weren't being made for it any longer, but I just came across this thread today. Anybody interested in a spare parts machine?
              Looks us 2 years to sell a bunch of parts from our Presstek Dimension. The guy we bought our Screen from had a customer who could not afford a new CTP at the moment so needed some parts to extend the life of their Presstek a little bit longer. We did not get a whole lot for the parts but anything was better then nothing.

              I contacted numerous companies who advertised buying used equipment and not one got back to me. Also contact Presstek themselves who initiated contact with me after seeing a post here and then they said they were not interested.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by wonderings View Post

                Looks us 2 years to sell a bunch of parts from our Presstek Dimension. The guy we bought our Screen from had a customer who could not afford a new CTP at the moment so needed some parts to extend the life of their Presstek a little bit longer. We did not get a whole lot for the parts but anything was better then nothing.

                I contacted numerous companies who advertised buying used equipment and not one got back to me. Also contact Presstek themselves who initiated contact with me after seeing a post here and then they said they were not interested.
                We've since sold the machine, but we didn't get much for it. Honestly, we got to a point where we just wanted it gone and took the first offer. That took over a year as well.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by crajos View Post

                  We've since sold the machine, but we didn't get much for it. Honestly, we got to a point where we just wanted it gone and took the first offer. That took over a year as well.
                  Thats is where we were at. Had all the plastic covers stripped from it and were about to begin stripping any valuable metals from it for a scrap yard and junk the rest. Great timing with our tech who had a customer who needed parts so we got something out of it and they got a great deal on 2 brand new refurb lasers plus all the lasers in the CTP as well as other parts.

                  Comment

                  4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

                  Free Download

                  Collapse

                  Avanti
                  Before You Buy A Print MIS Read This - FREE Download Link To Download

                  4OverCanonKBAXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiXeikonGraph Expo

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 4839 users online. 84 members and 4755 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

                  Working...
                  X