Presstek Freedom Pro Plates

Well we had no choice since we could not get any plates and there was no way in hell we were going to buy a new presstek product. so we bought a New Cron machine and waiting for it to be delivered. we own the presstek machine and we will not sell it back to them because I have a feeling they will convert it to run there new plates and resell it at a high price and you will be stuck useing there plates. BTW the Cron plates are only $2.30 a plate vs pressteks $6.00 per plate. that for a Ryobi 524.

I am kind of ticked off. My boss got the letter, or whatever, from presstek a number of weeks ago but neglected to tell me until just two days ago. Of course, now we're scrambling in Pre-Press to figure out what is going on. Doesn't look like we're getting any more plates so we're down to probably a month's worth since I usually insist on keeping a healthy amount on hand. Of course, there's absolutely no plans from the same boss as to what we're going to do if something can't be figured out and I am certain if it can't be corrected and plates supplied that we wont be looking at a presstek system as a replacement. Far from it.

Has anyone else heard anything about any progress being made on the issue? The presstek site isn't really forthcoming other than their statement and some contact information, both of which when I e-mailed them I received auto-responders saying they were out of the office.

Really frustrated and concerned that we're going to be forced to switch systems with little, if any, time to research them all over again.

200 QM-46 - 6Mill plates sold for $1500 on Ebay today

Yikes! To think we tossed in our metal scrap pile 2 boxes of the QM plates as we could not find anyone using Presstek anymore around here. Still have our Dimension that we can't get rid of, just collecting dust in a corner.

The X 50 to have a specifically tuned wavelength. As of now there are no plate that will run on the particular unit. There may be a way to retune the laser wavelength. I am looking into it now

Yikes! To think we tossed in our metal scrap pile 2 boxes of the QM plates as we could not find anyone using Presstek anymore around here. Still have our Dimension that we can't get rid of, just collecting dust in a corner.

Wonderings, I work for Presstek and will be happy to help you with your Dimension, can you please email me with your contact info: [email protected]

The power settings on a TX 52 are done in the commandline in the start menu. You are basically accessing the registry of the CPU or OS. There are current settings in that area.

Thank you for your posts, I was considering a Presstek system as a backup for my Glunz and Jensen... another story for another day.. and ran across this thread. I sure as heck don't want to purchase a system thats gonna be obsolete when the manufacturer says so, and get stuck with a paper weight. Hope you can find a way to get around this, as I know how it feels to be facing a shut down.

Thank you for your posts, I was considering a Presstek system as a backup for my Glunz and Jensen... another story for another day.. and ran across this thread. I sure as heck don't want to purchase a system thats gonna be obsolete when the manufacturer says so, and get stuck with a paper weight. Hope you can find a way to get around this, as I know how it feels to be facing a shut down.

Presstek was good in its day but it is far to proprietary and would not recommend. We cannot even give our Presstek Dimension away for parts. Presstek themselves do not want it. Stick with the tried and true brands like Screen. We replaced our Presstek Dimension with a Screen from the same year and it is such a dream to use in comparison. While I do like the design of the Dimension, was far easier to get in and work on, I have way less maintenance and no calibrations to be done like the daily tweaking I had to do for the anthem plates.

So what you're all saying is...the PressTek TX52 I currently have sitting unused in my shop isn't going to sell. We had someone tell us that the plates weren't being made for it any longer, but I just came across this thread today. Anybody interested in a spare parts machine?

I'm on my last bundle......I'm thinking mine might make for some good target practice then load it up in my truck and make a visit to Presstek HQ. I figure back up to the front doors, drop the tailgate, bring the revs up to about 2500 on the 'ol Cummins, and dump the clutch. Let them figure out what to do with it.

I am a certified Presstek Tech coming to the Central/ East Coast Next week. Anyone needing help with their Dimension’s or Calibrations, please don’t hesitate to call. Specialize in 3rd party Ctp plate calibrations and conversions. I get no kickbacks from Co’s or Suppliers!
I have talked to Dozens off this forum already, & am thrilled with the response so far.
Randy 808-202-0074

History: Started as a 4-color stripper in 1976. Started my service bureau in 1989. Went to CTP/Inkjet installations in 2003...Epson, Presstek, G&J, Certified.
Began Color Management at the same time. Kodak trained.
I am currently in California/West Coast helping many with their plate issues/calibrations.

So what you're all saying is...the PressTek TX52 I currently have sitting unused in my shop isn't going to sell. We had someone tell us that the plates weren't being made for it any longer, but I just came across this thread today. Anybody interested in a spare parts machine?

Looks us 2 years to sell a bunch of parts from our Presstek Dimension. The guy we bought our Screen from had a customer who could not afford a new CTP at the moment so needed some parts to extend the life of their Presstek a little bit longer. We did not get a whole lot for the parts but anything was better then nothing.

I contacted numerous companies who advertised buying used equipment and not one got back to me. Also contact Presstek themselves who initiated contact with me after seeing a post here and then they said they were not interested.

Looks us 2 years to sell a bunch of parts from our Presstek Dimension. The guy we bought our Screen from had a customer who could not afford a new CTP at the moment so needed some parts to extend the life of their Presstek a little bit longer. We did not get a whole lot for the parts but anything was better then nothing.

I contacted numerous companies who advertised buying used equipment and not one got back to me. Also contact Presstek themselves who initiated contact with me after seeing a post here and then they said they were not interested.

We've since sold the machine, but we didn't get much for it. Honestly, we got to a point where we just wanted it gone and took the first offer. That took over a year as well.

We've since sold the machine, but we didn't get much for it. Honestly, we got to a point where we just wanted it gone and took the first offer. That took over a year as well.

Thats is where we were at. Had all the plastic covers stripped from it and were about to begin stripping any valuable metals from it for a scrap yard and junk the rest. Great timing with our tech who had a customer who needed parts so we got something out of it and they got a great deal on 2 brand new refurb lasers plus all the lasers in the CTP as well as other parts.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back