Pieces of image repeat uncontrollably on the plate.

Something strange is happening, pieces of images began to be recorded uncontrollably on the plate.
Strange that the assembly preview is correct.
Has anyone seen anything like this?

Attachments

• photo6873.jpg
    photo6873.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 203
  • photo6874.jpg
    photo6874.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 230
  • photo6875.jpg
    photo6875.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 210
Hi Michel

Can you supply more info?

1) What Rip are you using
2) Are you using a tiff catcher to drive your CTP
3) What CTP device are you using

Marc

Hi Marc.Ram !!!

Here is the information:

1) What Rip are you using

Express RIP (Harlequin RIP 8.1 Revision 3)

2) Are you using a Tiff catcher to drive your CTP

No, my CTP is connected directly to the PC through the PIF input.

3) What CTP device are you using

Plate Rite 8100

NOTE: Windows 7 Professional 32 Bits

Thank you very much for your attention.

try to test some built in tests (from the ctp itself)
my opinion bad contact or damage card

I second pam_add's suggestion. If those tests do not imply a problem with the platesetter, try testing remakes of the same plate starting at different points in your workflow. I would start at the end - tell your platesetter to make 2 copies of the same plate if that's possible. If it can plate twice without the RIP having to send it the image twice and the plates don't match you'll have it narrowed it down to the platesetter's data processing. If the RIP has to send it twice you'll have it narrowed down to the platesetter or the communication between the RIP and the platesetter. At the beginning of your workflow, you could recreate the job from scratch and see if you get a matching plate. If you get unmatched plates when remaking from a given workflow step and identical plates from the step immediately following, the error is probably being caused somewhere between those two steps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back