Updating CTP Unit and Programs. Fuji - XMF , Kodak - Prinergy , AGFA - Agpogee?

KPS

We are looking into updating our Composition Department as our CTP Unit (Fuji Luxel Vx-9600) and Programs (Rampage 10.6) have became obsolete.
I have recently spoke with our Fuji Rep and also with AGFA Rep, but I haven't been able to find out how to find a Kodak Rep.

Does anyone have experience going from Rampage to XMF, Apogee, or Kodak? What were the pros and cons.

Honestly, I'm leaning more toward Fuji XMF but it's a big decision and they both have gave me so much information that my head is swimming. My boss wants to look into Kodak but I have been to the Kodak website and can't get anyone to contact me back. It's really frustrating.

Has anyone had any problems going from old Rampage to Fuji XMF or AGFA Apogee?

I would look at Heidelberg. Also the trapping in XMF is terrible! I have worked with Apogee, it was good at the time, that was quite a long time ago.

Take the look for more info about Agfa Apogee Prepress 10 (current version) on https://www.apogee.agfa.net/.

Thank You. We are going to look more into apogee. Our sales rep should be in this week and Im going to have them set up a demo to see how it works. I just sent some files to Fuji so they can show us how our job will look (Working with Voids, Screened Pantographs and Trapping)

I'm really new to all this as I have only ever worked with Rampage and really I only know what I was shown how to do with Rampage and Preps.

Thank You. We are going to look more into apogee. Our sales rep should be in this week and Im going to have them set up a demo to see how it works. I just sent some files to Fuji so they can show us how our job will look (Working with Voids, Screened Pantographs and Trapping)

I'm really new to all this as I have only ever worked with Rampage and really I only know what I was shown how to do with Rampage and Preps.

I'm working with Agfa Apogee since ApogeeX 2.5 (and now it's Prepress 10 version) and I also worked with Kodak Prinergy, Heidelberg Prinect, Fuji XMF and Screen TrueFlow so I can compare some things. And I can say that Agfa Apogee Prepress for now is really comfortable modern full featured prepress workflow which can make everyday life of prepress people much easier.

It can be used with Preps 5.x templates but now Apogee Prepress has integrated Apogee Impose and it's very powerfull and fast imposing solution - https://apogee.agfa.net/contents/Kn...ress/Topics/Imposition/apogee-imposition.html. As all tools it of course has limitations but for most typical jobs for sheetfed and web printing presses it's great and reliabe imposing tool.

Agfa Apogee Prepress has many usefull features but all depends from your requirements. If you can describe what you need I can tell you how it can be made inside Apogee Prepress.

I'm working with Agfa Apogee since ApogeeX 2.5 (and now it's Prepress 10 version) and I also worked with Kodak Prinergy, Heidelberg Prinect, Fuji XMF and Screen TrueFlow so I can compare some things. And I can say that Agfa Apogee Prepress for now is really comfortable modern full featured prepress workflow which can make everyday life of prepress people much easier.

It can be used with Preps 5.x templates but now Apogee Prepress has integrated Apogee Impose and it's very powerfull and fast imposing solution - https://apogee.agfa.net/contents/Kn...ress/Topics/Imposition/apogee-imposition.html. As all tools it of course has limitations but for most typical jobs for sheetfed and web printing presses it's great and reliabe imposing tool.

Agfa Apogee Prepress has many usefull features but all depends from your requirements. If you can describe what you need I can tell you how it can be made inside Apogee Prepress.

Thank you for all the helpful advice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back