AGFA & FUJIFILM CTP Devices

Ferran

Hi all,

Talking about CTP devices, I have been said that AGFA and FUJIFILM sell the same equipment, because the CTP manufacturer for both vendors is SCREEN.
Could anyone here confirm that the Avalon N8-90 S (Agfa) is exactly the same model that Luxel T-9800 HD-NS (Fuji) ?

is there any SCREEN/AGFA/FUJIFILM employee in this room?

Thank you, kind regards
ferran

Not familiar with these two models but generally speaking Fuji and Agfa have sold the same base machines manufactured by Screen but they were never identical. Most internal parts are similar but both vendors add certain hardware features, let alone the (significant) firmware specifics.

To my knowledge the only Screen OEM CTP that really was different from Screens own devices were the topsetter series from Heidelberg. They were actually assembled in Germany and used slightly different electrical components than Screen. Some of them were even made by Screen and thus they were identical.
All components of Fuji/Agfa devices should be identical to Screen machines. Some firmware differences might be existing due to Agfa and Fuji using different front ends than Screen.

We have the Agfa N8-90XT which is the same as the Fuji 8900Z, not sure about the devices you mention.

My company sells previously owned Kodak, Agfa, Fuji, Screen and Heidelberg equipment. The information here is correct. Both Agfa and Fuji branded systems are 95-100% the same as OEM Screen equipment.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back