Mark Andy Acquires Presstek (but not Zahara plates)

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
With Mark Andy’s acquisition, Presstek’s 60 professionals will be integrated into Mark Andy’s service infrastructure in North America—supporting: Presstek, ABDick, Ryobi, Heidelberg, Xerox, KBA, Epson equipment.

Mark Andy Print Products (MAPP) will fulfill all orders in NA for Presstek DI & CtP products. Mark Andy & Presstek have maintained a strong partnership over the years, and Presstek’s sales & service teams will be integrated within the MAPP organization.

The acquisition is expected to yield immediate benefits to Presstek customers, including improved market coverage, extensive parts inventory, enhanced service, single point invoicing & faster response. There will be no changes in current ordering processes, contact details or distribution logistics. With the Presstek acquisition, offset customers should enjoy immediate benefits, including improved service and support.

Not part of the acquisition is Presstek’s Zahara waterless plates division, which will be spun-off as a new company—Verico Technology—headed by former Presstek CEO Yuval Dubois. More details on the link.

I thought Mark Andy bought Presstek years ago? I could have sword when we had our Presstek CTP that I was ordering our plates from a Mark Andy website.

They were both owned by the same investment group: AIP. This link will shed some light on this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back