No announcement yet.

Linerize or not to Linerize plates... that is the question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my view, which is that the optimum method of dealing with the imaging of a plate for reproducing an image on press would not deal with dot gain compensation. Mapping the print output relative to the screen values input would encompass all the information of dot gain. In that condition, I would say that a linear plate is the ideal. Linearity would then be a process control metric for plate imaging.

But since we don't have such a method, it seems it does not matter as long as the condition of the plate can be repeatable.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post

You’re right - not a good reason. In my experience, when I’ve seen done what you’re doing, it indicates that there are issues in the print manufacturing process that someone has decided not to deal with and instead apply a band-aid solution that seems easier. They might be too far away from the business of the company to see the loss in profits, efficiency, and effectiveness of their “solution”. Or they’re just ignorant.
      It is not a good reason to recommend it to others as a production proess they should adopt. It is not normal or best practices.
      Yeah well that is a whole other can of worms.
      Joe
      OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post

Yeah well that is a whole other can of worms.
        ROTFL ! You should know that you’re not the only one dealing with cans of worms.

Comment

Well aware.

Also I was not recommending the way it is done here to anyone.
          Joe
          OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

4OverKBAStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)UltimateAleyant
          GTI4OverKBAKBAStandard FinishingDuploAleyant

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5020 users online. 115 members and 4905 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X