Recommended CTP machine

Zeth

Hi Everyone,

We are rotary letterpress printing company which based in Singapore. From the beginning till now we are using the old fashion way to make plate which artwork->film->plate.

But now we are thinking about to invest in CTP machine to improve our self. But as our capacity we don't need too big machine for in house plate making process.

I found some from Fuji film and BasysPrint but they are still big machine for us, you guys have any recommendation for compact one?

Sorry for my bad English.

Best Regards,
Zeth

You could check out CRON-ECRM for a letterpress plate imager. I am unsure of CRON 's exposure in Singapore but its at least another company name to look into. They opened a facility in the USA in 2016 but they are based out of China. Good Luck!

You can invest in CRON CTP , much better than other Chinese offerings.

Amsky is far better build and operating if we talk about Chinese machines.
Buying Cron expect left-right registration problems and problems with loading pre-punched Romayor plates.
Also dying laser drivers without any reason resulting some laser channels giving fluctuating power. Really hard to diagnose without replacing driver boards. Add breaking balance blocks because of mechanical errors and constant beep when something is wrong. Than you have to guess what this beep is all about, because there is no diagnostic software could tell you what the problem is. Remote diagnostic is impossible. I suggest to buy machine, you have service department nearby.
In my country service of Cron is very poor, so we struggle with those machines.
Good luck.
Chris

Last edited:
Amsky is far better build and operating if we talk about Chinese machines.
Buying Cron expect left-right registration problems and problems with loading pre-punched Romayor plates.
Also dying laser drivers without any reason resulting some laser channels giving fluctuating power. Really hard to diagnose without replacing driver boards. Add breaking balance blocks because of mechanical errors and constant beep when something is wrong. Than you have to guess what this beep is all about, because there is no diagnostic software could tell you what the problem is. Remote diagnostic is impossible. I suggest to buy machine, you have service department nearby.
In my country service of Cron is very poor, so we struggle with those machines.
Good luck.
Chris

Hi Chris,

As a service tech for Cron CTP systems for the past 3 years, I've never seen diodes failing in cron too early,

We have installed 14 machines here in the past 3 years and only 2 or 3 diodes failed totaly. You can still continue production at slightly lower speed.

Yes the pre-punched plates cannot be run on Cron due to its position of sensors but other than that its a very good machine.

Top class among Chinese manufacturers .

Regards

Asif

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back