Image area not picking ink

Chemistry problem somewhere in your process. Either pre-press or at/on press. Check the Offset Printing Variables chart for clues. I believe Gordo posted it in in the past; I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe he can provide it again.

D

Hello Saravinfo10,

From reading many of your posts, they all relate to a " Poor Understanding of Lithographic Platemaking" and this impacts onto poor "Press Performance"

while many of the problems you encounter are....... answered by the members of this forum, you need Trained Staff !!

Causes of Plate Failure:

1) Too much Ink 2) Too much Roller Pressure 3) Too much Impression Pressure

4) Too High a Blanket 5) Fountain Chemistry and poor Plate Making Techniques !

Plate Failure: 1) Scumming 2) Plate Blinding

Also post Photos of the Plate Problem !!

Regards, Alois

Click image for larger version  Name:	Test  Sheet showing Blind and Gum Streaks 1034.jpg Views:	2 Size:	508.6 KB ID:	279766

Attachments

• Test  Sheet showing Blind and Gum Streaks 1034.jpg
    Test Sheet showing Blind and Gum Streaks 1034.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Calcium contamination is a major cause of plate blinding. The problem is rampant.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back