ECRM MAKO NEWS Vs. Screen 8600E

tk817935

I have a violet ECRM MAKO NEWS that is putting out great plates . We purchased a thermal CTP a Screen 8600E for a backup system. My color looks better with ECRM than the Screen.The Screen looks grainy to me. Does anyone know why the Screen would do this ?

Define grainy. Have you looked at dots on plates under a microscope ?
My 2c let's assume you expose plates at 1200 dpi and both platesetters are within spec, media corectly set up and calibrated. Although it has a larger spot size the ECRM may produce better printable dots being sligthly gaussian than the thermal machine plotting 1200 dpi simulated dots (2400 native).

my tech guy is still trying to match the two machines .I am not an expert by any means .I am not sure what DFE is but I can say the the files are RIP'd and sent to me . I grab the TIFF out of the work flow and decide which CTP to send it to.I just am trying to understand why the violet CTP can produce a cleaner sharper image than the thermal .What I have been reading the thermal should be better maybe I'm wrong . Like I said I'm just a pressman not an expert prepress.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back